Finding support that works for you
University is a time of change. You change where you live, where you study and of course, who you live with. For some people, even your language changes!
Change isn’t easy, but you don’t have to go through it all alone.
All of these changes mean you may need a little help. There are a lot of different support networks available to you at UAL, from Student Services to articles right here on Halls Life.
Remember, you can always speak to your halls Residence Manager if you have any pressing concerns. They're there to make your time in halls as enjoyable as possible! You can find your Residence Manager contact details in our Handy Halls Guides or you'll find them in and around the communal areas carrying out their duties.
We've picked out our favourites to help you find balance in the different areas of student life; uni work, money, family/friends, wellbeing, interests/hobbies and health.
1) Uni Work 👩🏻💻
- Read our article on Deadlines.
- Review your reports. Look at your course handbook and the Assessment Criteria.
- Look through Academic Support online or book a one-on-one appointment.
2) Money 💷
3) Family/Friends 👯
- Check out our Events and come along to meet someone new.
4) Wellbeing ❤️
- Email email@example.com and quote your hall in the subject line to arrange a meeting with your student committee member/s for peer-to-peer support.
5) Interests/Hobbies 🎨
- Check out our articles on Cheap Activities in London.
- Come to one of our Events.
- Find a hobby group near you on Meetup.
6) Health 👩🏽⚕️
- Read Student Services Health Advice or contact them to discuss your health concerns.
- Read the NHS guide on Eating Healthy.
7) General 💬
- If you have any questions about your visa or any other immigration matters, please contact the Student Advice Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6250.
- If you require counselling support, please contact the University Counselling Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6251.
- Alternatively, students can contact the Dean of Students, Mark Crawley, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions regarding accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services on: +44 (0)20 7514 6240
If you want more information on how you can support yourself look at our articles on asking Is your life in balance?
- Read Next
- Jingle H'all the way Dec' the Halls Laundry 4 U has landed! Upgrade Your Commute with 50% Off Lime Bikes Ingredient spotlight: the humble potato Did someone say matcha? What's on November Top 3 recipes to try for BHM Get cosy with our seasonal Autumn drinks Ice skating at Skylight Tobacco Dock
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Student tours of UAL halls