Finding support that works for you
University is a time of change. You change where you live, where you study and of course, who you live with. For some people, even your language changes!
Change isn’t easy, but you don’t have to go through it all alone.
All of these changes mean you may need a little help. There are a lot of different support networks available to you at UAL, from Student Services to articles right here on Halls Life. We've picked out our favourites to help you find balance in each of the 5 areas of student life; uni work, money, family/friends, wellbeing, interests/hobbies and health.
Finding support during the Coronavirus outbreak
During this time, it is important that you can access the support you need. There is a lot of misleading information and exaggerations circulating the internet and social media, so make sure you are getting the facts from trustworthy sources.
Support offered by UAL
- Keep up to date with UAL's response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- If you have questions regarding accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services on: +44 (0)20 7514 6240
- If you have any questions about your visa or any other immigration matters, please contact the Student Advice Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6250.
- If you require counselling support, please contact the University Counselling Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6251.
- Alternatively, students can contact the Dean of Students, Mark Crawley, on email@example.com.
External links you may find useful
If you are looking for tips and advice on managing this period of social distancing, rest assured that there is lots of helpful information and resources available. Here are some of our recommended suggestions:
- For medical advice visit the NHS website.
- Keep up to date and follow the current government advice.
- If you want advice and tips on supporting your wellbeing, Mind and WHO have useful resources on coping with stress during this time.
- For advice on exercising at home visit the This Girl Can website.
1) Uni Work
- Review your reports. Look at your course handbook and the Assessment Criteria.
- Look through Academic Support online or book a one-on-one appointment.
- Come to our brand-new Money Workshop!
- Check out our Events and come along to meet someone new.
- Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your hall in the subject line to arrange a meeting with your Wellbeing Reps for peer-to-peer support.
- Check out our articles on Cheap Activities in London.
- Come to one of our Events.
- Join a new Society through the Student Union!
- Find a hobby group near you on Meetup.
- Read Student Services Health Advice or contact them to discuss your health concerns.
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls