Finding support that works for you
University is a time of change. You change where you live, where you study and of course, who you live with. For some people, even your language changes!
Change isn’t easy, but you don’t have to go through it all alone.
All of these changes mean you may need a little help. There are a lot of different support networks available to you at UAL, from Student Services to articles right here on Halls Life. We've picked out our favourites to help you find balance in each of the 5 areas of student life; uni work, money, family/friends, wellbeing, interests/hobbies and health.
Finding support during the Coronavirus outbreak
During this time, it is important that you can access the support you need. There is a lot of misleading information and exaggerations circulating the internet and social media, so make sure you are getting the facts from trustworthy sources.
Support offered by UAL
- Keep up to date with UAL's response to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- If you have questions regarding accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services on: +44 (0)20 7514 6240
- If you have any questions about your visa or any other immigration matters, please contact the Student Advice Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6250.
- If you require counselling support, please contact the University Counselling Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6251.
- Alternatively, students can contact the Dean of Students, Mark Crawley, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
External links you may find useful
If you are looking for tips and advice on managing this period of social distancing, rest assured that there is lots of helpful information and resources available. Here are some of our recommended suggestions:
- For medical advice visit the NHS website.
- Keep up to date and follow the current government advice.
- If you want advice and tips on supporting your wellbeing, Mind and WHO have useful resources on coping with stress during this time.
- For advice on exercising at home visit the This Girl Can website.
1) Uni Work
- Review your reports. Look at your course handbook and the Assessment Criteria.
- Look through Academic Support online or book a one-on-one appointment.
- Come to our brand-new Money Workshop!
- Check out our Events and come along to meet someone new.
- Or you can email email@example.com and quote your hall in the subject line to arrange a meeting with your Wellbeing Reps for peer-to-peer support.
- Check out our articles on Cheap Activities in London.
- Come to one of our Events.
- Join a new Society through the Student Union!
- Find a hobby group near you on Meetup.
- Read Student Services Health Advice or contact them to discuss your health concerns.
- Read Next
- Finding support over the festive period Tips and tricks for a great zoom class Festive celebrations around the world Top tips on spending the festive period in halls Staying in London over Christmas? We've got the group for you Positive affirmations and self-empowerment with Bami | UAL Social Festive Creative Writing Session | UAL Social New Years Eve Activities | UAL Social Christmas Day Activities | UAL Social Festive Life Drawing | UAL Social
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Keeping you safe in halls Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables