Finding support that works for you
University is a time of change. You change where you live, where you study and of course, who you live with. For some people, even your language changes!
Change isn’t easy, but you don’t have to go through it all alone.
All of these changes mean you may need a little help. There are a lot of different support networks available to you at UAL, from Student Services to articles right here on Halls Life.
We've picked out our favourites to help you find balance in the different areas of student life; uni work, money, family/friends, wellbeing, interests/hobbies and health.
1) Uni Work 👩🏻💻
- Read our article on Deadlines.
- Review your reports. Look at your course handbook and the Assessment Criteria.
- Look through Academic Support online or book a one-on-one appointment.
2) Money 💷
3) Family/Friends 👯
- Check out our Events and come along to meet someone new.
4) Wellbeing ❤️
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your hall in the subject line to arrange a meeting with your Hall Reps for peer-to-peer support.
5) Interests/Hobbies 🎨
- Check out our articles on Cheap Activities in London.
- Come to one of our Events.
- Find a hobby group near you on Meetup.
6) Health 👩🏽⚕️
- Read Student Services Health Advice or contact them to discuss your health concerns.
- Read the NHS guide on Eating Healthy.
7) General 💬
- If you have any questions about your visa or any other immigration matters, please contact the Student Advice Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6250.
- If you require counselling support, please contact the University Counselling Service on: +44 (0)20 7514 6251.
- Alternatively, students can contact the Dean of Students, Mark Crawley, on email@example.com.
- If you have questions regarding accommodation, please contact Accommodation Services on: +44 (0)20 7514 6240
If you want more information on how you can support yourself look at our articles on asking Is your life in balance?
- Read Next
- Zero Waste Tuck Shop UAL Accommodation Open Day Private Accommodation Advice drop-in sessions Puppy therapy | WAITING LIST UAL After Hours | Dancing in heels New Year's celebrations across cultures! Accommodation Services webinar: Your next place to live Where to eat at Wimbledon College of Arts Where to eat at London College of Communication Where to eat at Camberwell College of Arts
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Get in contact with your hall Make sure to register at your GP