Coffee and chat initiative
Looking to meet fellow students just like you?
Starting at University can be a wonderful, exciting time, but we understand that for many students it can also feel challenging and even overwhelming.
If you think you might need help settling into your new home this September, our student committee members are running "Coffee and chat" sessions.
What is a Coffee and chat session?
- Students who are either new to halls, would like to meet more people or are generally looking to chat with a friendly face and get familiar with their Hall will be matched with one of the student committee members. This is a flexible and informal catch up, so it is up to students where they meet and what they do, so this could be a walk around your new neighbourhood or a coffee in your common room.
- Your Hall's committee members are students just like you so sessions will be arranged between yourselves and them at a time that suits best for both people.
- The session would last up to an hour.
How do I sign up for a Coffee and chat session?
- To register for a Coffee and chat session, please fill out this form. All answers are confidential and will only be picked up by one person.
- The Halls Life team will inform one of your student committee members, who will contact you directly.
- Alternatively, you can approach your committee member directly. They are the students in black Halls life T-shirts and will be running the events in your building.
- Please note, the team will need to approve all sessions before they take place.
What if I need additional support?
- If you feel like you need to talk to someone about your wellbeing or mental health, there are lots of support options available, whether that's in your hall, at UAL, or with a charity. We recommend looking at our article "Finding support that works for you", which has lots of useful links and contact information.
- Alternatively, you can speak directly to your Residence Manager who can signpost you to the relevant people.
- Read Next
- Jingle H'all the way Dec' the Halls Laundry 4 U has landed! Upgrade Your Commute with 50% Off Lime Bikes Ingredient spotlight: the humble potato Did someone say matcha? What's on November Top 3 recipes to try for BHM Get cosy with our seasonal Autumn drinks Ice skating at Skylight Tobacco Dock
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Student tours of UAL halls