6 places to check out around Emily Bowes Court
Emily Bowes Court is located in Tottenham Hale and it has lots to offer to everyone who lives there.
It not only has amazing transport links, with it being a 3-minute walk from the bus station, national rail links and the Victoria line, so you can travel quickly to many amazing places around London, it is also located next to some amazing places right there in Tottenham that everyone should definitely check out!
Our Hall Rep Leah has compiled some of her favourite places to check out if you are moving to Emily Bowes Court.
1. Beavertown Brewery - Somewhere to drink 🍻
Just a 4 min walk away is the first main brewery in Tottenham, Beavertown is open every Saturday and Sunday to the public.
The successful beer company that can be found in almost every pub and bar is a great way to spend a sunny afternoon drinking on the weekend as we move into the summer months, so I would definitely check out this great location at Lockwood Industrial estate that started it all for this company.
2. Tottenham Hale Canal Walk / Lee Valley Walk - Somewhere to visit 🚶🏻♀️
Just across the road from Emily Bowes is the entrance to the Tottenham Hale canal, which is an incredible place for a summer's day walk.
The canal has some lovely waterside pubs and cafes to stop in along the way. The canal sidewalk can take you all the way down to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as Stratford is much closer to Tottenham Hale than you think.
The wildlife that you see along the way is well worth the visit, even if you’re not up for the walk down the canal with lots of families of swans, geese and even loads of cats!
3. Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Tour – Something to see 👀
Whether you’re a football fan or not the Spurs stadium is a must see.
Opening at the start of the 2019 Premier League Season, at a reported cost of £1 billion, the Spurs stadium is home to not only a football team but also the host of many NFL UK games.
If sports aren’t your bag, why not take on the new Dare Skywalk? You'll be 50 meters high overlooking the stadium as well as breathtakingly views of London.
4. Ferry Boat Inn – Somewhere to eat 🍴
Just a short 7-minute walk away, you can head down to the Ferry Boat Inn pub.
Offering classic, hearty pub food and a drinks range to suit everyone, the Ferry Boat Inn is your perfect one-stop shop. If you’re looking to enjoy a glass of wine or ale in the beer garden next to their log fire or looking to enjoy a quintessentially British Sunday roast, they have got you covered.
Address: Ferry Lane, Tottenham Hale, N17 9NG
5. The Gym – Something to do 🏋🏽♀️
Right below the Emily Bowes building is The Gym with its 24/7 opening times and their affordable monthly fee, what more could you ask for!? 🤩
Whether you are into working out at your own pace or classes such as body conditioning, boot camp sessions and HIT, there is something for everyone.
6. Tottenham Hale retail park – Somewhere to shop 🛍
Just across the road is the retail park. It has all the essential stores for students such as Boots, Poundland and Costa Coffee and, best of all, Aldi and Iceland!
These are perfect places for a cost-effective food shop. However, if you’re not in the mood to cook, why not stop at Burger King or Subway to grab a quick take away.
If you are thinking about applying for Emily Bowes Court, or any of our halls and would like more information about the local areas, please contact our team.
You can call us on +44 (0)20 7514 6240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check out Leah's video on the things to do around Emily Bowes Court 🙌🏼
Cover photo by: Ewan Munro on Flickr
- Read Next
- Space4u Space4u Nicole's move in vlog | The Costume Store What's on September Lesia's move in vlog | Furzedown & Cedars Black culture market | Black History Month Sip and save for the Lemonaid & ChariTea refill store Competition time - fill your fridge! Tips for new Desis moving to London A beginner's guide to Stratford One
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Where to buy your essential items for halls Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Opening a student bank account in the UK