Support and advice on how to stop smoking
In self-isolation, you cannot leave your flat as you need to minimise your contact with other students and staff. This means smoking may not be possible during this period. It is against the law to smoke inside a building and you must always observe the strict rules around fire safety.
Here is some useful information on support and advice on how to stop smoking.
1) Check out Stop Smoking London
Stop Smoking London has some amazing tools and resources which you can access virtually, including a stop smoking helpline and texting service.
2) Speak to your GP (doctor) or pharmacist
It’s good to talk to your GP to find out what they can do to help you stop smoking. GPs can prescribe nicotine replacement therapy (patches/gum) and stop smoking medication. You may also be eligible to get free prescriptions if you have applied for a HC1 Certificate.
3) Remember different things work for different people
There is lots of information out there to help people stop smoking. Different things work for different people. Remember to take one day at a time!
4) Smoking and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
If you smoke, you generally have an increased risk of contracting respiratory infection and of more severe symptoms once infected. COVID-19 symptoms may, therefore, be more severe if you smoke.
5) NHS 10 Top Tips for quitting smoking
NHS has created 10 Top Tips to help people who are thinking about quitting smoking. Take a look to see how some of these tips may work for you!
We hope you’ve found this information useful. If you need support, please contact email@example.com to arrange a chat with a Health Adviser who can offer more advice on how to stop smoking.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club