Support and advice on how to stop smoking
In self-isolation, you cannot leave your flat as you need to minimise your contact with other students and staff. This means smoking may not be possible during this period. It is against the law to smoke inside a building and you must always observe the strict rules around fire safety.
Here is some useful information on support and advice on how to stop smoking.
1) Check out Stop Smoking London
Stop Smoking London has some amazing tools and resources which you can access virtually, including a stop smoking helpline and texting service.
2) Speak to your GP (doctor) or pharmacist
It’s good to talk to your GP to find out what they can do to help you stop smoking. GPs can prescribe nicotine replacement therapy (patches/gum) and stop smoking medication. You may also be eligible to get free prescriptions if you have applied for a HC1 Certificate.
3) Remember different things work for different people
There is lots of information out there to help people stop smoking. Different things work for different people. Remember to take one day at a time!
4) Smoking and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
If you smoke, you generally have an increased risk of contracting respiratory infection and of more severe symptoms once infected. COVID-19 symptoms may, therefore, be more severe if you smoke.
5) NHS 10 Top Tips for quitting smoking
NHS has created 10 Top Tips to help people who are thinking about quitting smoking. Take a look to see how some of these tips may work for you!
We hope you’ve found this information useful. If you need support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat with a Health Adviser who can offer more advice on how to stop smoking.
- Read Next
- Zero Waste Tuck Shop UAL Accommodation Open Day Private Accommodation Advice drop-in sessions Puppy therapy | WAITING LIST UAL After Hours | Dancing in heels New Year's celebrations across cultures! Accommodation Services webinar: Your next place to live Where to eat at Wimbledon College of Arts Where to eat at London College of Communication Where to eat at Camberwell College of Arts
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Get in contact with your hall Make sure to register at your GP