Recipe: Tomato, Garlic & Cheesy Chicken Pasta
"Tomato, Garlic & Cheesy Chicken Pasta" - 5 words I always like to hear.
- 1 x cooked chicken leg – picked off the bone
- 1 cup of penne pasta
- 1 small onion, peeled & chopped
- ½ cup of sweetcorn
- ½ tsp garlic puree
- ½ tsp of mixed dried herbs
- ½ jar of 350g tomato sauce
- 75g Mature Cheddar cheese – grated
- Salt, pepper
- Vegetable oil
- In a pan, over a medium heat, add a tbsp of oil, add the onions and garlic puree and cook until soft(about 6-8 minutes).
- In a small pan, boil some water, add pasta and cook for 10 minutes (or as per instructions on packet)
- Add the sweetcorn, herbs and chicken to the onions. Stir in tomato sauce and heat through.
- Drain the pasta when ready, reserving a little of the water.
- Stir in the pasta to the chicken and sauce, add grated cheese and mix to make cheese melt. Add reserved water if needed, if the sauce is too dry.
- Read Next
- Margate day trip Recipe: Carrot & Ginger Soup Using Airfryers in Halls Decorating lanterns for Ramadan! Waste Knot: fighting against food waste Breaking stereotypes: Being aroace Cutting down on food waste Celebrating women in our canteens and cafes International Women's Day | Meet the team My top 8 book recommendations
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The ultimate guide to your new home Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls