- 750g pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, sliced
- 1-litre water
- 2 or 3 cubes chicken stock, crumbled
- 250ml double cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons ground nutmeg, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Prep: 5min
- Cook: 55min
- Extra time: 1hr
- Ready in: 2hrs
1.Preheat oven to 220 c / gas 7.
2.Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
3.Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
4.In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and crumbled stock cubes to the boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
5.Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently;
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup