Pumpkin and feta salad
- 400g can chickpeas
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 loosely packed cups baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75g feta cheese
1.Heat your oven to 190C.
2.Drain the chickpeas well and blot completely dry with paper towel.
3.Toss the pumpkin in half the olive oil and season with half the salt. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
4.Toss the chickpeas in the remaining olive oil and salt and place on a separate tray lined with baking paper.
5.Place the pumpkin and chickpeas in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and caramelised and the chickpeas are crisp.
6.Scatter the warm chickpeas with the cumin and paprika.
7.Toss the pumpkin and any oil and juices with the spinach and onion, allowing the oil to slightly wilt the spinach. Pour over the chickpeas and their oil as well (if any) and squeeze over some lemon juice.
8.Crumble over the feta cheese to serve.
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup