Pumpkin and feta salad
- 400g can chickpeas
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 loosely packed cups baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75g feta cheese
1.Heat your oven to 190C.
2.Drain the chickpeas well and blot completely dry with paper towel.
3.Toss the pumpkin in half the olive oil and season with half the salt. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
4.Toss the chickpeas in the remaining olive oil and salt and place on a separate tray lined with baking paper.
5.Place the pumpkin and chickpeas in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and caramelised and the chickpeas are crisp.
6.Scatter the warm chickpeas with the cumin and paprika.
7.Toss the pumpkin and any oil and juices with the spinach and onion, allowing the oil to slightly wilt the spinach. Pour over the chickpeas and their oil as well (if any) and squeeze over some lemon juice.
8.Crumble over the feta cheese to serve.
- Read Next
- Zero Waste Tuck Shop UAL Accommodation Open Day Private Accommodation Advice drop-in sessions Puppy therapy | WAITING LIST UAL After Hours | Dancing in heels New Year's celebrations across cultures! Accommodation Services webinar: Your next place to live Where to eat at Wimbledon College of Arts Where to eat at London College of Communication Where to eat at Camberwell College of Arts
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Get in contact with your hall Make sure to register at your GP