Pumpkin and feta salad
- 400g can chickpeas
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 4 loosely packed cups baby spinach leaves, washed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 75g feta cheese
1.Heat your oven to 190C.
2.Drain the chickpeas well and blot completely dry with paper towel.
3.Toss the pumpkin in half the olive oil and season with half the salt. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
4.Toss the chickpeas in the remaining olive oil and salt and place on a separate tray lined with baking paper.
5.Place the pumpkin and chickpeas in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and caramelised and the chickpeas are crisp.
6.Scatter the warm chickpeas with the cumin and paprika.
7.Toss the pumpkin and any oil and juices with the spinach and onion, allowing the oil to slightly wilt the spinach. Pour over the chickpeas and their oil as well (if any) and squeeze over some lemon juice.
8.Crumble over the feta cheese to serve.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club