Halls Life presents.. Queer Peers Podcast!
'Queer Peers' Podcast launches for LGBTQ+ History Month!🤩🏳️🌈
After many discussions and forums with students about how best to support our LGBTQ+ community here at UAL, one thing really stood out to us….. Students need more information about what’s it’s really like living as LGBTQ+ at university and in the capital, London.
The Queer Peers Podcast will bring together UAL students and staff from across the university to talk through important and relevant LGBTQ+ topics that will support you with studying and living at UAL. We want to tackle the questions you won’t get answered in your induction pack at any university and create a space to listen to and discuss topics that are important to the LGBTQ+ community. 🤝
- Are you a queer international student looking for your new home in halls at university but unsure which is right for you? 🏡
- You might be trans or non-binary and wondering about safety whilst at university or living in halls?
- Maybe you already live in halls and have been on your own journey of self-discovery since arriving and want to share the ups and downs of this? 🗺
- Are you queer and living with ADHD and/or any other neurological condition and worried about socialising or living with strangers at university?
- Do you have a disability and don’t even know where to begin with finding accessible LGBTQ+ venues/events to meet friends and potential partners at ?
We will ensure to answer all these questions and much more with the help of our wonderful UAL LGBTQ+ community. 🏳️🌈
Where do I sign up?
- If you are an LGBTQ+ staff member with a story you wish to share that could support students and colleagues, please get in touch through our QUEER PEERS INTEREST FORM and we will be in touch about dates and times for a recording in February.
*This podcast will promote freedom of speech but there will be no room for hate. We respect everyone’s journey is individual to them. This is about listening, understanding, and widening knowledge of the LGBTQ+ community and sensitive themes and topics centred around this in a safe setting. We want to create a space where everyone can live their authentic self at UAL without fear of judgement.
Header image credits: Orlando Callegaro Photography
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls