Little acts of kindness to create a good vibe in your flat
It’s the little things in life that keep us smiling. So why not share the joy? Here is a list of little kind things that you can do with your flatmates, to help create a positive vibe for the rest of the year.
1. A cup of tea goes a long way ☕️
Fancy a brew? When you're making a drink why not offer to make a round?
There is nothing more homely than having a cup of tea bought to your bedroom. Even if you think your flatmate will say no, the offer makes a world of difference.
Not sure if your tea making skills are up to scratch? Don’t worry, biscuits and other treats of happiness will have the same effect.
2. Offer to cook a meal 🍲
Whether you're a good cook or not, we all have to cook our own meals at some point. So why not give a bowl to a flatmate?
Even if you end up cooking something different, the invitation to eat together can make someone's day! So, remember when it comes to meals and snacks sharing is caring.
3. Jam together 🎶
Music can be one of the best ways you can bond with your new flatmates. Why not show them a new album that you've been enjoying? You could even listen to it together.
On Spotify, you can share your playlists with one another. Why not create a flat playlist with contributions from everyone in the flat? That way, when you are hanging out in the kitchen you can all listen to something you enjoy. You may end up having the same taste and begin to JAM in the kitchen!
4. Surprising someone can make their day
If you know that you’re all stressed, why not leave nice surprises in your communal areas for each other?
Leave a motivational note on the fridge to remind your flatmates that they are doing great! This will help boost their confidence and make your friendship stronger.
5. Host a pamper night for you flat 💆🏼♀️
When the stress of uni starts to build, it’s important to take time to relax. So, why not have a pamper evening with your household? Purchase some face-masks, or even try making some. All you need to do now is put your feet up and relax for an evening.
Don't forget the cucumber for your eyes! 🥒
6. Get the popcorn out and stick on a film 🍿
When it’s a Saturday night and you don’t know what to do, grab some popcorn and your computer and switch on some Netflix.
Whether it’s a horror film or an absolute classic, sharing a movie night together is simple, but will help entertain the flat. You could watch a film in a communal space, and keep warm with a mountain of pillows!
I hope you enjoyed hearing some of the things that my flatmates and I do to keep a positive atmosphere in the flat. Remember, sometimes it's just small acts of kindness that can really make a difference.
Need more tips? Check out your guide to a successful house share.
- Read Next
- Wine and cheese pairing night - Gardens House Your December events for Wick Park Sushi Making Sunday - Cordwainers Court Pizza making night - Cordwainers Court Taboo Tuesdays - The Grief Gang workshop London's latest restaurants on the block Cook-along-side these YouTubers WIN sustainable prizes in our Advent Calendar giveaway! VIVA MERCATO | Drag Queen Bingo Christmas Day
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Student tours of UAL halls