Your local shops
Whether you're craving something resembling a home-cooked meal, or hosting your first dinner party in halls, every kitchen needs supplies! Check out your local shops below:
For a smaller shop, head to Tesco Local at 316 Camberwell New Road, or if you want more choice, you’ll find larger supermarkets Morrisons and the Co-Op further along Denmark Hill. In Peckham, you can also find a Lidl, a larger Morrisons and an Asda, all based near Rye Lane, just a 10-minute walk from the Camberwell Campus. See key links below:
ASDA Lewisham supermarket is a 2-minute walk from Chapter Lewisham. Just take a left outside the building and a left again and you will see it. Tesco Esso Express is open 24 hours if you are looking for a late-night snack or some essentials. The largest nearby supermarket with the most variety is the Tesco superstore, located a 9-minute walk away. Lewisham Market is also fantastic for picking up fresh fruit and veg.
- ASDA Lewisham (Thurston Rd)
- Tesco Esso Express (Loampit Vale)
- Tesco Superstore (Lewisham Rd)
- Lewisham Market (Lewisham High St)
- Your nearest ATM.
There are a lot of small grocery shops in the area and the nearest large supermarkets are Lidl just behind St. Thomas’ Square, and Tesco near Hackney Central Station.
You’ll find Tesco Express on the corner to the left of the building as you leave the site from the main entrance. Asda is also nearby (Western Road, NW10 7LW) and you can walk or get the 260 or 440 bus just outside The Costume Store.
Emily Bowes Court
There is a Tesco Express right next door to the hall and there is a large Lidl just a 5 minutes walk away. See key links below:
Furzedown Student Village
There’s a convenience store about 100 yards away, and there are bigger supermarkets a 15-minute walk away, but you can get there in five if you use our shuttle bus. See key links below:
There are several small supermarkets in the area with a decent-sized Costcutters by Stockwell station. The nearest large supermarket is Sainsbury’s on Clapham High Street.
Gardens House and Portland House
For a small shop, head to the local Sainsbury's right next to the halls or if you want more choice, you’ll find larger supermarkets Morrisons and the Co-Op further along Denmark Hill. In Peckham, you can also find a Lidl, a larger Morrisons and an Asda, all based near Rye Lane, just a 10-minute walk from the halls. See key links below:
You’ll find Tesco Metro and Iceland in Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre as well as local grocery shops nearby.
- Tesco Metro (Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre)
- Iceland (Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre)
- Your nearest ATM is on Walworth Road
You’ll find Sainsbury’s within a one-minute walk of the hall on Stroud Green Road. There are also lots of local shops and grocers a short walk away. If you want more choice, the largest local supermarket is Lidl on Seven Sisters Road. See key links below:
You closest supermarket is a Sainsbury's local, which is 5 minutes walk from your halls. There is also a Costcutter and a Tesco express within a 10-minute walk. For more choice, try the larger Sainsbury's near Victoria station. See key links below:
If you need any additional help or want to know more about the shops in your local area, your halls reception team will be more than happy to help.
Want to find out more about things to do in your local area? Check out our local tab.
- Read Next
- Tips and tricks for a great zoom class Festive celebrations around the world Top tips on spending the festive period in halls Staying in London for Christmas? Positive affirmations and self-empowerment with Bami | UAL Social Festive Creative Writing Session | UAL Social New Years Eve Activities | UAL Social Christmas Day Activities | UAL Social Festive Life Drawing | UAL Social Festive Soap Making Session | UALSocial
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup