Your local shops
Whether you're craving something resembling a home-cooked meal, or hosting your first dinner party in halls, every kitchen needs supplies! Check out your local shops below:
For a smaller shop, head to Tesco Local at 316 Camberwell New Road, or if you want more choice, you’ll find larger supermarkets Morrisons and the Co-Op further along Denmark Hill. In Peckham you can also find a Lidl, a larger Morrisons and an Asda, all based near Rye Lane, just a 10-minute walk from the Camberwell Campus. See key links below:
There are a lot of small grocery shops in the area and the nearest large supermarkets are Lidl just behind St. Thomas’ Square, and Tesco near Hackney Central Station.
You’ll find Tesco Express on the corner to the left of the building as you leave the site from the main entrance. Asda is also nearby (Western Road, NW10 7LW) and you can walk or get the 260 or 440 bus just outside The Costume Store.
Emily Bowes Court
There is a Tesco Express right next door to the hall and there is a large Lidl just a 5 minutes walk away. See key links below:
Furzedown Student Village
There’s a convenience store about 100 yards away, and there are bigger supermarkets a 15-minute walk away, but you can get there in five if you use our shuttle bus. See key links below:
There are several small supermarkets in the area with a decent-sized Costcutters by Stockwell station. The nearest large supermarket is Sainsbury’s on Clapham High Street.
Gardens House and Portland House
For a small shop, head to the local Sainsbury's right next to the halls or if you want more choice, you’ll find larger supermarkets Morrisons and the Co-Op further along Denmark Hill. In Peckham, you can also find a Lidl, a larger Morrisons and an Asda, all based near Rye Lane, just a 10-minute walk from the the halls. See key links below:
You’ll find Tesco Metro and Iceland in Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre as well as local grocery shops nearby.
- Tesco Metro (Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre)
- Iceland (Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre)
- Your nearest ATM is on Walworth Road
You’ll find Sainsbury’s within a one-minute walk of the hall on Stroud Green Road. There are also lots of local shops and grocers a short walk away. If you want more choice, the largest local supermarket is Lidl on Seven Sisters Road. See key links below:
You closest supermarket is a Sainsbury's local, which is 5 minutes walk from your halls. There also a Costcutter and a Tesco express within a 10 minute walk. For more choice, try the larger Sainsbury's near Victoria station. See key links below:
- Sainsbury's local on Rochester Row.
- Costcutter (Greycoat Place).
- Larger Sainsbury's on Wilton Road.
- Your nearest ATM.
Will Wyatt Court
A ten-minute walk from the hall you’ll find three supermarkets and plenty of local shops for groceries. There’s also a large Sainsbury’s on Upper Street, which you can get to by bus from outside. See key links below:
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you