Health and Safety
Healthcare for Brooke Hall
It is extremely important for you to register with a local doctor (GP), as soon as you arrive. Do not wait until you are unwell as it may not be possible to be seen immediately if you are not registered. The nearest doctor’s surgery is at the address below, and sign-up forms are available at the reception:
- Myatts Field Medical Practice
- T: +44 (0)20 3049 6733
The centre houses 4 doctor’s practices and a walk-in clinic. For minor ailments, always try a pharmacy before visiting the doctor. Describe your symptoms to the qualified pharmacist and he/she will either sell you the necessary medication or advise you to see a doctor. The nearest pharmacy is
- Butterfly Pharmacy 17 Butterfly Walk, London SE5 8RW
- T: +44 (0)20 7701 8641
All students are advised to have the Meningitis C vaccination. Ask the practice nurse at your surgery. For more details on Meningitis, GP registration and other health matters, please visit the health section of the Student Services website or pick up a Healthful Pack from the Students Services office at your college.
For further info about NHS services visit the NHS web site. You can find information about local dentist practices, etc. at this site.
For more serious illness or in an emergency you can attend the Accident and Emergency at any hospital. This service is free of charge. The local hospital nearest is...
- Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, SE5 9RS
- T: +44 (0)20 3299 9000
We do not provide first aid products to residents. We recommend you bring your own first aid kit with you to halls.
- Read Next
- Zero Waste Tuck Shop UAL Accommodation Open Day Private Accommodation Advice drop-in sessions Puppy therapy | WAITING LIST UAL After Hours | Dancing in heels New Year's celebrations across cultures! Accommodation Services webinar: Your next place to live Where to eat at Wimbledon College of Arts Where to eat at London College of Communication Where to eat at Camberwell College of Arts
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Get in contact with your hall Make sure to register at your GP