Health and Safety
Healthcare for Furzedown Student Village and Cedars Hall
It is extremely important for you to register with a local doctor, (GP), as soon as you arrive. Do not wait until you are unwell as it may not be possible to be seen immediately if you are not registered. The nearest doctor’s surgery is at the address below, and sign-up forms are available at reception
- The Practice Furzedown - 88e Eardley Road, Streatham, SW16 6BL
- T: +44 (0)20 8677 0083
For minor ailments, always try a pharmacy before visiting the doctor. Describe your symptoms to the qualified pharmacist and he/she will either sell you the necessary medication or advise you to see a doctor.
- C Bradbury, 86 Moyser Road, Streatham, SW16 6SQ
- Fairoak Pharmacy, 270 Mitcham Lane, Streatham, SW16 6NU
All students are advised to have the Meningitis C vaccination. Ask the practice nurse at your surgery. For more details on Meningitis, GP registration and other health matters, please visit the health section of the Student Services website or pick up a Healthful Pack from the Students Services office at your college. For further info about NHS services visit the NHS web site at www.nhs.uk. You can find information about local dentist practices, etc. at this site.
For more serious illness or in an emergency you can attend the Accident and Emergency at any hospital. This service is free of charge. The local hospital nearest is...
- St George's Hospital - Blackshaw Road, Tooting, SW17 0QT
- T: +44 (0)20 8672 1255
We do not provide first aid products to residents. We recommend you bring your own first aid kit with you to halls.
Residents can register with a dentist upon their arrival at the hall. Please speak with a member of staff about where your local dentist is located or visit this website.
- Read Next
- My tips on graduating in a pandemic How to reduce your screen time 5 ways to celebrate Lunar New Year in lockdown 4 ways to practice self-love this Valentine's Day Oven baked nachos with house guacamole under 10 minutes Moroccan spiced carrot hummus My favourite zero-waste beauty ideas 3 reasons why you should get out on a walk today How to join UAL sports & societies during lockdown Tips and tricks for a great zoom class
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup