Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables
Easy to make, healthy and really tasty.
A simple but very tasty meal to cheer up your day. You can't go wrong with this dish.
- 280g firm tofu, cubed
- Sesame oil for frying (but any oil fine)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Either use 1 packet of your favourite stir fry mix or 3 handfuls of stir fry veg (i.e. broccoli, baby corn, carrot battons, pak choi, edamame beans, etc.).
- Either use 150g straight-to-wok noodles or dry noodle nests (follow instructions on the packet).
- 60g/¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp syrup (e.i. maple or agave)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (use cider vinegar as an alternative)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 3-5 tbsp water
If you'd rather keep the layers separate then cook everything separately and layer noodles first, then veg, then tofu then sauce.
- Fry the tofu in sesame oil until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce and nutritional yeast, stir through and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Vegetables and Noodles
- Fry the vegetables on a medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir through.
- Add the tofu and stir through.
- In a small saucepan, heat all of the ingredients on a medium heat.
- Pour over the noodles, veg and tofu and decorate with toasted cashews, fresh chillies, seeds, fresh coriander and anything else you fancy.
Fancy of cooking a little bit more? Read about how to cook the perfect rice and pasta
Follow us @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Top tips on mentally preparing for university Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls It's time to book your arrival slot for UAL Halls! Important information for students arriving from within the travel corridors Important information for students arriving outside of the travel corridors What to know if you're self-isolating in UAL Halls Find accommodation with the ULHS Property Platform Reggaeton Class with Bam Bam | UAL Social Saturday Fitness Sessions with Bam Bam
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you