Top 5 things to help you meet deadlines
*This article was brought to you by Harriet, one of our Wellbeing Reps*
During term time deadlines, lessons and coursework as well balancing a social and working lifestyle can become overwhelming.
Here are 5 top tips to stay on track during deadlines.
1. Create a timetable to meet your deadlines. Include time frames and a list of tasks that you need to complete on the overall objective of your assignment.
2.Try mindfulness exercises and yoga to reduce stress levels. We have free yoga in seven halls across London every Monday if you just want to try it! Ask your Wellbeing Rep for more information. Also remember the benefits living in the present moment. Try out regulated breathing and practice getting in a better mind frame to concentrate on your deadlines.
3. Exercising and hobbies are an important part of a balanced social and academic life. Finding things that you enjoy and can help take your mind off work is extremely important. These hobbies might be different for everyone but can be anything from going to the gym to reading or drawing. Finding what works for you is important in achieving that work-life balance.
4. Having a strong professional relationship with your tutors helps when needing information, feedback and improvement suggestions about your project. It will support you and your work towards effectively completing your deadline and will allow you to show them drafts beforehand. It will also enable you to organise, structure and produce good quality work.
5. Giving yourself a set of mile stone, is important. You can do this by taking breaks at intervals that match when you meet a goal. Give yourself incentives you can work towards. This could be concerts, parties, exhibition visits, pamper evenings, trips or simply a snack.
If you want to speak to a Wellbeing Rep about any of the points in the article email email@example.com and quote your hall in the subject line.
- Read Next
- Tips and tricks for a great zoom class Festive celebrations around the world Top tips on spending the festive period in halls Staying in London for Christmas? Positive affirmations and self-empowerment with Bami | UAL Social Festive Creative Writing Session | UAL Social New Years Eve Activities | UAL Social Christmas Day Activities | UAL Social Festive Life Drawing | UAL Social Festive Soap Making Session | UALSocial
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup