Health and Safety
Healthcare for Wigram House
It is extremely important for you to register with a local doctor (GP), as soon as you arrive. Do not wait until you are unwell as it may not be possible to be seen immediately if you are not registered. The nearest doctor’s surgery is at the address below, and sign-up forms are available at reception:
- Holborn Medical Centre, 64-66 Lamb's Conduit St, Holborn, London WC1N 3NA
- T: +44 (0)20 8885 3567
For minor ailments, always try a pharmacy before visiting the doctor. Describe your symptoms to the qualified pharmacist and they will either sell you the necessary medication or advise you to see a doctor. The nearest pharmacy is
- Boots Pharmacy, 107 Victoria St, London, Middlesex SW1E 6RA (3-minute walk)
- T: +44 (0)20 7834 5792
All students are advised to have the Meningitis C vaccination. Ask the practice nurse at your surgery. For more details on Meningitis, GP registration and other health matters, please visit the health section of the Student Services website or pick up a Healthful Pack from the Students Services office at your college.
For further info about NHS services visit the NHS website. You can find information about local dentist practices, etc. at this site.
For more serious illness or in an emergency you can attend the Accident and Emergency at any hospital. This service is free of charge. The local hospital nearest is...
- St Thomas’, Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7EH
- T: +44 (0)20 7188 7188
We do not provide first aid products to residents. We recommend you bring your own first aid kit with you to halls.
- Read Next
- What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Relax with Julie and Alix every Wednesday Twerkshop with Bam Bam | UAL Social ArtsSU Companion Scheme 5 things I learnt working with the Social Programme Keeping you safe in halls Have your questions answered at our webinars UAL: Our community during lockdown Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup What's it really like for mixed-race Brits? Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you