Wild sea paella
Suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets.
This recipe was created by one of our talented students, Giulia Bartoli from Central Saint Martins, in a collaborative workshop with UAL Climate Emergency Network and UAL Regenesis. This plant-based dish is perfect for those sunnier days.
Recipe purpose 🌱
- Rewild the sea
- New Cultures
- Red Pepper
- Nori sheets
- Cappers (with brine)
- Tomato paste
- King oyster mushrooms
- Arborio rice
- Vegetable stock
- Cut the oyster mushrooms in medals and make cuts on both sides. Let marinade in lukewarm water, lemon, caper water, and alga nori in small pieces overnight.
- Fry the garlic in a pan with plant-based butter. Fry the king oyster mushrooms until golden.
- Put saffron in a bowl with hot vegetable stock and set aside.
- Chop the red pepper, onions and garlic, and broccoli (halve the little trees and also use the stem, cut in tiny cubes)
- Fry onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil. Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Add the arborio rice, chopped red pepper, broccoli, and peas and stir all together.
- Add paprika, a pinch of turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock with saffron, just enough to cover the rice. Put the lid on and let cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Check if the rice is cooked through. If not, add more water and keep the pan without a lid, until the rice is well cooked though.
- Serve with king oyster mushrooms on top, sprinkle algae nori on top, and a slice of lemon to squeeze on.
Find more delicious recipes at @ualcatering
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls