What to do before applying for accommodation
If you have firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer for a full-time course at UAL, you can apply to live in our halls from Wednesday 26 April at 10am (BST).
All students who have a conditional or an unconditional offer for a full-time course at UAL can apply from Wednesday 10 May at 10 am (BST).
We know that there is a lot of information to get through, so we have put together a convenient checklist so you don’t have to worry.
Doing this will make applying a lot quicker on the day. To register, you will need your Student ID number and date of birth. Your Student ID number is provided with your letter of offer to study at the University, e.g: 12345678.
If you are applying after deferring for a year, your password will be 8 digits plus the first three letters from your surname e.g: FRA12345678. If you don't have this information, please contact your college course administrator and they will be able to help you.
2) Choose and prepare a list of your top five halls
We advise you to choose five options, so we can offer an alternative hall if we can't offer you your first choice. We will always try our best to allocate you one of your top five choices, but we cannot guarantee this. Therefore, we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment.
If you've not decided on your top five yet, please check out our full portfolio here.
3) Keep calm and don't panic if you can't apply straight away
We like to put ourselves in the same category as Beyonce or Glastonbury - our website is going to be very popular so you might not be able to apply straight away. Our recommendation is keep calm and don't panic. If you are experiencing difficulties, please try again later in the day or try a different browser.
We also suggest accessing the system on a desktop computer rather than a mobile device (including tablets).
If you have already accepted your offer, please allow 48 hours for the system to recognise this before applying.
4) Offers will go out from Thursday 25 May
We will start to send out offers on Thursday 25 May. At this stage, you can decide whether to accept your offer or decline.
If you do accept, you are required to pay a deposit, advance rent payment and an admin fee which totals £500.
5) Talk to us
If you do have any other questions, you can always speak to our team Accommodation Advisors:
- You can call +44 (0)20 7514 6240 (8 am - 6 pm Monday - Friday)
- Email: email@example.com
- Tweet us: @UAL_halls
- IM Chat: via our website
For more information on the booking process please see our Accommodation FAQs.
- Read Next
- How to make an effective meal plan Your go-to essentials at Archwood House Your journey from Stratford One to college Your journey from Wick Park to college Pick your own strawberries this spring Veggie bolognese 5 places to check out around Cordwainers Court Surreal worlds collage workshop | Summer Stays Pizza party | Summer Stays The Lion King theatre trip | Summer Stays
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 How to apply to halls Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Get in contact with your hall How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls