Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls
Getting excited about moving into halls this autumn?
Our team have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure all students are safe and well looked after.
Due to the Coronavirus, our plans for your big move are a little bit different this year, so make sure you watch our video as it has lots of useful advice and guidance.
- Our traditional ‘Welcome Weekends’ will be staggered over a longer period with bookable days and time slots. This means we’ll be able to manage a safe capacity at each hall
- Remember, if you're studying at a UAL hall, you'll need to book your arrival date and time slot in advance and if you’re travelling from outside the UK and not travelling from a green list country there are self-isolation rules which you are required to follow. You can find full details of how to self-isolate after travel here.
- If you are an international student, UAL will arrange a taxi driver to meet you at your arrival airport and take you to your hall of residence
- When you arrive, you’ll see lots of signage guides. Please follow these at all times and maintain a safe social distance from your halls-mates and staff.
- We will be increasing cleaning in all communal areas, but remember, you’ll need to work together to keep your flat as clean as possible
- We will be issuing a starter cleaning pack to each flat in September and will send you information on how to make cleaning rotas and the best ways to keep your kitchen spotless.
Keep it clean
- We will be giving each of you a hand sanitizer and face mask in your welcome packs
- Please ensure you wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitizers available
- You may be asked to wear a mask around halls or out in public.
Essential items delivered to your door
- To make life a bit easier when you first arrive, you’ll be able to order bedroom, kitchen and bathroom packs to your room, with our partners, UniKitOut. This will save having to bring lots of things with you.
Your Halls' team are here to help
- For many of you, this may be the first time living away from your family and you may have extra questions
- Your Halls’ teams are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can always contact them by phone, email, online chat or make an appointment to see them in person
- If you need a little more support, they’ll be able to refer you to UAL Student Services, who can provide free and confidential advice on a range of subjects
- You can also talk to your Halls reps. They’re students just like you and live and work in halls as part of the UAL Halls Social Programme.
UAL Social Programme
- The UAL Halls Social Programme run events throughout the year and have prepared a wide range of online activities for you to take part in when you first arrive
- From yoga to online quizzes, from twerkshops to virtual tea and talk, there will be plenty for you to get involved with.
Be kind to each other
- Remember, it’s likely that you’re all going to be feeling similar emotions during this time and it’s really important that you are kind to one another and look out for each other as much as possible
- If you see a fellow student who might need a bit more help, be sure to say hello or signpost them to our different services.
Remember, the Accommodation Services team will continue to send important updates before you arrive, so make sure you check your emails, the UAL website, our Twitter page and Halls Life to keep updated on everything the team are doing to keep you safe in halls.
If you'd like to speak to a member of our team, you can call us on +44(0)207 514 6240 or email email@example.com.
We can’t wait to welcome you in September!
See you soon!
- Read Next
- Book your arrival slot for halls! Self-isolation after travel (summer 2021) 6 places I need to visit this summer! Become a Halls Rep Q&A Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE