Suitable for vegetarian diets.
Looking for a tasty, hearty meal at the end of the uni day? Try this delicious veggie bolognese!
Spaghetti bolognese is also a great dish to meal prep, so you can save time, money and eat nutritiously throughout the week.
Watch the video recipe here.
- 360g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 44g bolognese recipe mix
- 350g meat-free mince
- 2 tbsp double concentrate tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add your spaghetti. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a sided sauté pan. Dice one onion and add to the plan. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the meat free mince and cook for a few minutes, stirring and breaking up the mince throughout cooking.
- Add the bolognese recipe mix and stir it in. Stir in the tomato puree, then cook for another few minutes.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan. Fill the empty tomato tin with water then add the water to the pan as well. Stir the Bolognese and simmer for a few minutes until thickened before setting aside.
- Portion the cooked pasta between four containers or bowls. Serve the Bolognese on top, and place some freshly torn basil leaves to garnish.
Find more delicious recipes at @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Space4u Space4u Nicole's move in vlog | The Costume Store What's on September Lesia's move in vlog | Furzedown & Cedars Black culture market | Black History Month Sip and save for the Lemonaid & ChariTea refill store Competition time - fill your fridge! Tips for new Desis moving to London A beginner's guide to Stratford One
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Where to buy your essential items for halls Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Opening a student bank account in the UK