Suitable for vegetarian diets.
Looking for a tasty, hearty meal at the end of the uni day? Try this delicious veggie bolognese!
Spaghetti bolognese is also a great dish to meal prep, so you can save time, money and eat nutritiously throughout the week.
Watch the video recipe here.
- 360g spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 44g bolognese recipe mix
- 350g meat-free mince
- 2 tbsp double concentrate tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add your spaghetti. Cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a sided sauté pan. Dice one onion and add to the plan. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the meat free mince and cook for a few minutes, stirring and breaking up the mince throughout cooking.
- Add the bolognese recipe mix and stir it in. Stir in the tomato puree, then cook for another few minutes.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes into the pan. Fill the empty tomato tin with water then add the water to the pan as well. Stir the Bolognese and simmer for a few minutes until thickened before setting aside.
- Portion the cooked pasta between four containers or bowls. Serve the Bolognese on top, and place some freshly torn basil leaves to garnish.
Find more delicious recipes at @ualcatering
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls