Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables
Easy to make, healthy and really tasty.
A simple but very tasty meal to cheer up your day. You can't go wrong with this dish.
- 280g firm tofu, cubed
- Sesame oil for frying (but any oil fine)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Either use 1 packet of your favourite stir fry mix or 3 handfuls of stir fry veg (i.e. broccoli, baby corn, carrot battons, pak choi, edamame beans, etc.).
- Either use 150g straight-to-wok noodles or dry noodle nests (follow instructions on the packet).
- 60g/¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp syrup (e.i. maple or agave)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (use cider vinegar as an alternative)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 3-5 tbsp water
If you'd rather keep the layers separate then cook everything separately and layer noodles first, then veg, then tofu then sauce.
- Fry the tofu in sesame oil until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce and nutritional yeast, stir through and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Vegetables and Noodles
- Fry the vegetables on a medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir through.
- Add the tofu and stir through.
- In a small saucepan, heat all of the ingredients on a medium heat.
- Pour over the noodles, veg and tofu and decorate with toasted cashews, fresh chillies, seeds, fresh coriander and anything else you fancy.
Fancy of cooking a little bit more? Read about how to cook the perfect rice and pasta
Follow us @ualcatering
- Read Next
- 6 places I need to visit this summer! My experiences as an international student working as a Halls Rep Become a Halls Rep Q&A Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars Reasons why my second language made me a great Halls Rep
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Thinking of returning to halls next year? Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years