Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables
Easy to make, healthy and really tasty.
A simple but very tasty meal to cheer up your day. You can't go wrong with this dish.
- 280g firm tofu, cubed
- Sesame oil for frying (but any oil fine)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Either use 1 packet of your favourite stir fry mix or 3 handfuls of stir fry veg (i.e. broccoli, baby corn, carrot battons, pak choi, edamame beans, etc.).
- Either use 150g straight-to-wok noodles or dry noodle nests (follow instructions on the packet).
- 60g/¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp syrup (e.i. maple or agave)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (use cider vinegar as an alternative)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha (depending on how hot you like it!)
- 3-5 tbsp water
If you'd rather keep the layers separate then cook everything separately and layer noodles first, then veg, then tofu then sauce.
- Fry the tofu in sesame oil until golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce and nutritional yeast, stir through and fry for a further 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
Vegetables and Noodles
- Fry the vegetables on a medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir through.
- Add the tofu and stir through.
- In a small saucepan, heat all of the ingredients on a medium heat.
- Pour over the noodles, veg and tofu and decorate with toasted cashews, fresh chillies, seeds, fresh coriander and anything else you fancy.
Fancy of cooking a little bit more? Read about how to cook the perfect rice and pasta
Follow us @ualcatering
- Read Next
- National pasta day: Fresh pasta making Group study session The Woman in Black theatre trip Rocky's Animal Farm Black History Month movie screening Africa Fashion at the V&A museum trip Brick Lane curry night Meet your Residence Managers Meet your Residence Manager - Brooke Hall, Portland and Gardens House Meet your Residence Manager - Glassyard and Highline Building
- The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Where to buy your essential items for halls YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Student tours of UAL halls How to apply for discounted student travel 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Where to park when you arrive at halls Make sure to register at your GP