Vegan rösti potatoes
Rösti potatoes are perfect if you're looking to cook and stay on a budget. They are delicious, easy and a great source of protein. Make a big batch and then freeze for simple evening meals.
- 500g/16oz potatoes, peeled and grated
- 200g/7oz firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled into small pieces
- Handful of fresh spinach or rocket, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp gram (chickpea) flour, mixed with 3 tbsp warm water in a small bowl
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Pat dry the tofu, before crumbling it into a mixing bowl with the grated potato.
- Add the spinach or rocket, gram flour mixture, cumin, plain flour, salt and pepper and stir the ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into 6 round rosti, be firm with it but try not to over handle. If it is too wet to hold its shape, add a little more flour.
- Add a little oil to a large, non-stick frying pan and fry on a medium heat, turning half way through, until golden. Press down the rosti and encourage them to keep their shape using a fish slice.
- Serve with a small side salad or leaves and tomatoes and a tablespoon of hummus (optional).
Follow us @ualcatering
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup