Vegan rösti potatoes
Rösti potatoes are perfect if you're looking to cook and stay on a budget. They are delicious, easy and a great source of protein. Make a big batch and then freeze for simple evening meals.
- 500g/16oz potatoes, peeled and grated
- 200g/7oz firm tofu, patted dry and crumbled into small pieces
- Handful of fresh spinach or rocket, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp gram (chickpea) flour, mixed with 3 tbsp warm water in a small bowl
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Pat dry the tofu, before crumbling it into a mixing bowl with the grated potato.
- Add the spinach or rocket, gram flour mixture, cumin, plain flour, salt and pepper and stir the ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into 6 round rosti, be firm with it but try not to over handle. If it is too wet to hold its shape, add a little more flour.
- Add a little oil to a large, non-stick frying pan and fry on a medium heat, turning half way through, until golden. Press down the rosti and encourage them to keep their shape using a fish slice.
- Serve with a small side salad or leaves and tomatoes and a tablespoon of hummus (optional).
Follow us @ualcatering
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls