UAL worst dates
Last week, you told us a few of your most unfavourable dating anecdotes, and to be honest - we were impressed. Check out some of these memorable rendezvous yourself...
1. Valentine’s mistake ⚽️
“During Valentine’s Day, I accidentally chose a bar which was showing the football. The guy I was seeing watched the match over my shoulder for the whole date, then proceeded to be in a mood when his team didn’t win. That was our last ever date.”
2. Hung up on the EX 🚩
"They talked about their ex and couldn't stop stalking them while we were at dinner"
3. Don't mind if you say so yourself... 😬
"I met a guy online - he never washed his hair and was proud of that! It looked awful. He asked to be my boyfriend within five minutes of meeting! Then he told me he was surprised that I wasn't shy, ‘because he had a better body than me’."
4. Car Lover 🚗
"Drove me to f&b's on an industrial estate so we would go via the car dealerships."
5. The Facebook investigator 🙃
“I went on a date with a girl I met in a pub. At first, she was really cool, but I should have realised something was wrong when she asked questions about a holiday I didn’t recall telling her about. Next thing she goes to show me a picture of one of her holidays and I notice pictures from my Facebook in her photo albums. The worst thing was, we weren’t friends on Facebook.”
6. The Nightsuit guy 😴
"Prepaid for an extravagant date at a fancy restaurant and the dude showed up in his night suit."
7. I almost died - then pretended I had! 😵
“The first time meeting her she was extremely clingy and was already planning our wedding, how many kids we're having - and I had only known her for an hour. Being 18 I wasn't ready for this. She was giving looks of disgust to everyone who looked at me who was female. Fortunately, after the meal we went to get snacks from a corner shop and I accidentally bought a chocolate bar with nuts in. Me having a severe nut allergy, I was rushed to the hospital where I almost died but the next day I was discharged and went to my mate's, where he called her and said I died. We've had no contact since."
8. Hot chocolate heart breaker ☕️
"Dumped me on Christmas Eve because I didn't finish a hot chocolate on the date. (Spoiler alert: I did finish)"
9. Mr. ‘nice’ car 🚙
“I once went on a date with a guy who was adamant he would pick me up. Needless to say, I thought he was a typical guy trying to impress me with his sports car. Turned out, it was a Hearse. And if that wasn’t bad enough, he suggested we spend the night in the back of it. That didn’t happen and neither did the second date.”
10. Bar-Tinder 📱
"Wanted to go to Spoons and then stayed on Tinder the entire night."
11. Sometimes, you get a runner 🏃🏽
"I once had a guy leave when I was in the bathroom. True story."
12. Guess who? 🥰
“I once saved a girl’s number as 'Special K' in my phone. Don't ask why, I was drunk. We proceeded to go on a date and I tried everything to get her to say her name. It wasn’t until our third date I confessed to not knowing her name… Keisha is now my girlfriend.”
- Read Next
- Space4u Space4u Nicole's move in vlog | The Costume Store What's on September Lesia's move in vlog | Furzedown & Cedars Black culture market | Black History Month Sip and save for the Lemonaid & ChariTea refill store Competition time - fill your fridge! Tips for new Desis moving to London A beginner's guide to Stratford One
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Where to buy your essential items for halls Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Opening a student bank account in the UK