Turkey Chilli with Jacket Potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 300g turkey mince (or Quorn mince for a vegetarian option)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- Grated Red Leicester
- 2 spring onions
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all over. Rub with a little of the oil and bake for 45 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, make the chilli and heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and some seasoning and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the turkey mince and season again, then increase the heat and break up the mince with the back of the spoon. When it’s cooked through add the spices, vinegar, sugar and passata.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced. Cut a cross in the top of each potato and spoon in the chilli.
5. Serve each potato sprinkled with cheese and spring onions.
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls