Turkey Chilli with Jacket Potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- 300g turkey mince (or Quorn mince for a vegetarian option)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- Grated Red Leicester
- 2 spring onions
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all over. Rub with a little of the oil and bake for 45 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, make the chilli and heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and some seasoning and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Add the turkey mince and season again, then increase the heat and break up the mince with the back of the spoon. When it’s cooked through add the spices, vinegar, sugar and passata.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced. Cut a cross in the top of each potato and spoon in the chilli.
5. Serve each potato sprinkled with cheese and spring onions.
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup