Top 5 vegan restaurants next to campus
Being vegan or vegetarian can be hard.
One can only handle so many trips to the supermarket for that dry baguette and hummus, which just doesn’t quite hit the spot when you’ve had it 4 days in a row.
So when you're on campus looking for something to satisfy your herbivore cravings that don’t involve a self check-out machine, we have just the places for you...
- The Loving Hut is a must if you’re at our Archway (CSM) site. Their menu ranges from delicious mock meat substitutes, suited to newcomers, to tasty stir-fried vegetables perfect for any veterans. Though slightly on the indulgent side, the £6.40 lunchtime Pan-Asian buffet never fails to please.
- A self-proclaimed ‘vegan boutique’, VX deals in everything plant-based. They’re a mere 10-minute walk away from Central Saint Martins. We highly recommend you pick up their vegan chocolate (Vego) and cheese (Jeezo)! Whether you’re looking to take home a tub of ice-cream or grab a gooey cheese toastie for lunch, VX is there for you.
- Café at Jamyang is situated within an urban Buddhist centre, 8 minutes away from the London College of Communication. Here you can enjoy freshly prepared homely cakes and coffees knowing that you’re a step closer to enlightenment because their ingredients are sourced ethically and locally.
- Perhaps the most popular on this list, Mildred is a 10-minute stroll from the Oxford Circus London College of Fashion Campus. They have a selection of internationally inspired dishes that nicely complements their warm lively atmosphere. The line can be quite long though so go with time to spare. (There’s also a King’s Cross branch).
- A community orientated and ran café, the Bonnington Café is cosily tucked away in a community centre that is a 15-minute walk over the river from the Chelsea College of Art and a 17-minute bus ride from the Camberwell College of Art. Their authentic and affordable menu is constantly changing and evolving as they are ran by a collective of diverse cooks.
Happy healthy eating!
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup