Top 5 things to do in Lewisham
Chapter Lewisham is a brand new hall joining the UAL Halls Portfolio in September 2020.
Chapter Lewisham is located a 5-minute walk away from Lewisham station meaning students can travel into the hub of central London quickly and effortlessly. With National Rail and DLR services to central London, there is never a shortage of places to visit and things to do.
However, you'll also find plenty of things to do right on your doorstep. Here are our top recommendations for things to do around this vibrant part of South East London.
1. Visit Greenwich Park
Greenwich Park is one of the largest green spaces in South East London and is the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of London life. Enjoy a weekend walk around the stunning gardens and take in the site of one of the most iconic views in London.
2. Dance the night away in New Cross
You don’t need to venture into central London for a good night out. New Cross is a 10-minute bus ride away and has plenty of pubs and bars where you can enjoy a lively music scene.
3. Shop to your heart's content at Lewisham market
Looking for a cheap, plastic-free alternative to your local supermarket? Lewisham Market is located in the heart of Lewisham High Street and is open 7 days a week. This traditional bustling street market began in 1906 and is still thriving today. We'd definitely recommend you check it out!
4. Watching your favourite films at Deptford cinema
Sometimes all you need is a cosy cinema night. This volunteer and community-run cinema is dedicated to bringing affordable cinema screening to the residence of Lewisham. With cinemas nights becoming increasingly expensive this friendly neighbourhood cinema is the perfect option.
5. Feel part of the community at Lewisham Arthouse
Set inside a Grade 2 listed building, Lewisham arthouse is a not-for-profit artist-led space. Here, you can take part in a range of art exhibitions, classes and workshops. There are even opportunities to be involved in running your own exhibitions and events here.
If you are thinking about applying for Chapter Lewisham, or any of our halls and would more information about the local areas, please contact our team.
You can call us on +44 (0) 20 7 514 6240 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read Next
- Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars Reasons why my second language made me a great Halls Rep A week in the life of a Halls Rep Looking for a job that's literally on your doorstep? My top tips for staying motivated with university work
- Our handy halls checklist Thinking of returning to halls next year? Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE