Top 5 places to check out in North Acton
If you're staying at The Costume Store, it is very easy to simply jump on the Central Line and whizz straight into central London since the station is on your doorstep. But what do you know about what is in your local area? We bet you don't know about all these local hangouts.
1. The Aeronaught is a really cool bar in Acton, only a 25-minute walk from The Costume Store. It's perfect for the student budget too, with daily offers and competitions for discounts, you could even win a free meal.
2. TFL's Museum Depot is in Acton and houses over 320,000 items, including many original works of art used for the Museum's celebrated poster collection, vehicles, signs, photographs, engineering drawings and uniforms. As a depot, the museum holds open weekends so check out the website to find out more.
3. North Acton Playing Fields - you can see this large green space from many of the windows at The Costume Store. It is only a 10-minute walk and has an outdoor gym and tennis court. It will also be perfect for picnics in the summer!
4. Just 10 minutes away on the 487 bus you can go to the Park Royal leisure park. Which has everything, from a KFC, Pizza Hut, Cinema, Bowling Alley, 24-hour gym and Nandos.
5. Walpole Park is a public park open to everyone. Inside the park, you will also find Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery and Perceval Lodge.
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup