Top 5 places to check out in North Acton
If you're staying at The Costume Store, it is very easy to simply jump on the Central Line and whizz straight into central London since the station is on your doorstep. But what do you know about what is in your local area? We bet you don't know about all these local hangouts.
1. The Aeronaught is a really cool bar in Acton, only a 25-minute walk from The Costume Store. It's perfect for the student budget too, with daily offers and competitions for discounts, you could even win a free meal.
2. TFL's Museum Depot is in Acton and houses over 320,000 items, including many original works of art used for the Museum's celebrated poster collection, vehicles, signs, photographs, engineering drawings and uniforms. As a depot, the museum holds open weekends so check out the website to find out more.
3. North Acton Playing Fields - you can see this large green space from many of the windows at The Costume Store. It is only a 10-minute walk and has an outdoor gym and tennis court. It will also be perfect for picnics in the summer!
4. Just 10 minutes away on the 487 bus you can go to the Park Royal leisure park. Which has everything, from a KFC, Pizza Hut, Cinema, Bowling Alley, 24-hour gym and Nandos.
5. Walpole Park is a public park open to everyone. Inside the park, you will also find Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery and Perceval Lodge.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club