Top 5 places to check out in North Acton
If you're staying at The Costume Store, it is very easy to simply jump on the Central Line and whizz straight into central London since the station is on your doorstep. But what do you know about what is in your local area? We bet you don't know about all these local hangouts.
1. The Aeronaught is a really cool bar in Acton, only a 25-minute walk from The Costume Store. It's perfect for the student budget too, with daily offers and competitions for discounts, you could even win a free meal.
2. TFL's Museum Depot is in Acton and houses over 320,000 items, including many original works of art used for the Museum's celebrated poster collection, vehicles, signs, photographs, engineering drawings and uniforms. As a depot, the museum holds open weekends so check out the website to find out more.
3. North Acton Playing Fields - you can see this large green space from many of the windows at The Costume Store. It is only a 10-minute walk and has an outdoor gym and tennis court. It will also be perfect for picnics in the summer!
4. Just 10 minutes away on the 487 bus you can go to the Park Royal leisure park. Which has everything, from a KFC, Pizza Hut, Cinema, Bowling Alley, 24-hour gym and Nandos.
5. Walpole Park is a public park open to everyone. Inside the park, you will also find Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery and Perceval Lodge.
- Read Next
- Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars Reasons why my second language made me a great Halls Rep A week in the life of a Halls Rep Looking for a job that's literally on your doorstep? My top tips for staying motivated with university work
- Our handy halls checklist Thinking of returning to halls next year? Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE