Tomato and Basil Risotto
- 65ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra to drizzle
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 large trimmed leek sliced
- 325g Arborio rice
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, unseeded - diced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil – chopped
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour the stock and white wine into a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Put half of the butter and the oil in a separate heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, until shiny and glossy. Add about 65ml of the hot stock mixture to the rice and stir constantly, until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Add another 65ml to the pan, stirring until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture a little at a time whilst stirring, until all the stock has been used and the rice is just tender.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, grated cheese and the remaining butter until well combined.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer to warmed plates.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club