Tomato and Basil Risotto
- 65ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra to drizzle
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 large trimmed leek sliced
- 325g Arborio rice
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, unseeded - diced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil – chopped
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour the stock and white wine into a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Put half of the butter and the oil in a separate heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, until shiny and glossy. Add about 65ml of the hot stock mixture to the rice and stir constantly, until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Add another 65ml to the pan, stirring until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture a little at a time whilst stirring, until all the stock has been used and the rice is just tender.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, grated cheese and the remaining butter until well combined.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer to warmed plates.
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup