Tomato and Basil Risotto
- 65ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra to drizzle
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 large trimmed leek sliced
- 325g Arborio rice
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, unseeded - diced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil – chopped
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour the stock and white wine into a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Put half of the butter and the oil in a separate heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, until shiny and glossy. Add about 65ml of the hot stock mixture to the rice and stir constantly, until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Add another 65ml to the pan, stirring until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture a little at a time whilst stirring, until all the stock has been used and the rice is just tender.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, grated cheese and the remaining butter until well combined.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer to warmed plates.
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls