Tomato and basil risotto
- 65ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra to drizzle
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 large trimmed leek sliced
- 325g Arborio rice
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, unseeded - diced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil – chopped
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour the stock and white wine into a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Put half of the butter and the oil in a separate heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, until shiny and glossy. Add about 65ml of the hot stock mixture to the rice and stir constantly, until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Add another 65ml to the pan, stirring until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture a little at a time whilst stirring, until all the stock has been used and the rice is just tender.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, grated cheese and the remaining butter until well combined.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer to warmed plates.
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls