Tomato and Basil Risotto
- 65ml dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra to drizzle
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large onion
- 1 large trimmed leek sliced
- 325g Arborio rice
- 3 fresh plum tomatoes, unseeded - diced
- 1 large handful of fresh basil – chopped
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
1. Pour the stock and white wine into a medium saucepan and set over a low heat. Put half of the butter and the oil in a separate heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and leeks and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, until shiny and glossy. Add about 65ml of the hot stock mixture to the rice and stir constantly, until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
3. Add another 65ml to the pan, stirring until almost all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock mixture a little at a time whilst stirring, until all the stock has been used and the rice is just tender.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, grated cheese and the remaining butter until well combined.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer to warmed plates.
- Read Next
- National pasta day: Fresh pasta making Group study session The Woman in Black theatre trip Rocky's Animal Farm Black History Month movie screening Africa Fashion at the V&A museum trip Brick Lane curry night Meet your Residence Managers Meet your Residence Manager - Brooke Hall, Portland and Gardens House Meet your Residence Manager - Glassyard and Highline Building
- The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Where to buy your essential items for halls YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Student tours of UAL halls How to apply for discounted student travel 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Where to park when you arrive at halls Make sure to register at your GP