Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes
A perfect recipe rich of taste prepared in only 15 minutes. Serving two people.
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 red chillis, finely sliced
- 200g udon noodles
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until tender.
- While the noodles cook, in a small saucepan over a medium heat whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, oils, garlic and ginger & 1 sliced chilli until smooth.
- Loosen the mixture with a little water, adding a tablespoon at a time until you are left with a sauce. When it comes to a steady simmer, lower the heat and keep it warm.
- Drain the noodles and while they are still hot, toss through the peanut butter sauce. Add the remaining chilli, spring onions and sesame seeds and toss again.
- Serve straight away.
Still hungry? Take a look at our other noodle recipe here
Discover more food @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars Reasons why my second language made me a great Halls Rep A week in the life of a Halls Rep Looking for a job that's literally on your doorstep? My top tips for staying motivated with university work
- Our handy halls checklist Thinking of returning to halls next year? Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE