Smokey Bean Hot Pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g (canned) drained butter beans
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 celery stick - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut 2cm dice
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread or rice to serve
1. Drain the butter beans and set aside. Heat a saucepan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the celery, carrots, potatoes and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to coat the vegetables in the flavoured oil.
3. Pour the stock and beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
- Read Next
- National pasta day: Fresh pasta making Group study session The Woman in Black theatre trip Rocky's Animal Farm Black History Month movie screening Africa Fashion at the V&A museum trip Brick Lane curry night Meet your Residence Managers Meet your Residence Manager - Brooke Hall, Portland and Gardens House Meet your Residence Manager - Glassyard and Highline Building
- The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Where to buy your essential items for halls YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Student tours of UAL halls How to apply for discounted student travel 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Where to park when you arrive at halls Make sure to register at your GP