Smokey Bean Hot Pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g (canned) drained butter beans
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 celery stick - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut 2cm dice
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread or rice to serve
1. Drain the butter beans and set aside. Heat a saucepan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the celery, carrots, potatoes and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to coat the vegetables in the flavoured oil.
3. Pour the stock and beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club