Smokey Bean Hot Pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g (canned) drained butter beans
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 celery stick - chopped
- 1 carrot - chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut 2cm dice
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread or rice to serve
1. Drain the butter beans and set aside. Heat a saucepan, add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and paprika and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the celery, carrots, potatoes and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to coat the vegetables in the flavoured oil.
3. Pour the stock and beans and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and partially cover the pan with a lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes, stirring often until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Season to taste and serve with crusty bread.
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls