Sausage Ragu Pasta Bake
- 680g passata with garlic & herbs
- 6 good quality sausages (or vegetarian equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon oregano - chopped
- 500g pack of pasta
- 400g pack of spinach
- 2 x 350g tubs of readymade cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 100g parmesan grated
- 1 egg, beaten to glaze
1. Heat a large frying pan and brown the sausages using a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Pour off any fat from the pan, stir in the passata, bring to the boil and then add the oregano and season. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the pack says, reserve some cooking water, then drain cool under cold water and drain again. Meanwhile, pour a kettle of boiling water over the spinach in a colander to wilt and then squeeze out all the water. Mix the pasta with the cheese sauce and some of the reserved water, to loosen.
3. Season in a large dish, add the meat sauce, then the spinach, some nutmeg and seasoning. Next, add a third of the parmesan the cheesy pasta, more nutmeg and finally the rest of the cheese.
4. Bake in the oven 200c/180c, fan/gas 6 for 45 minutes until piping hot and golden brown.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club