Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 tablespoons - marinade
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- 1/2 bunch spring onions - sliced
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 250g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- Vegetables or salad (optional)
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slash each piece of chicken 3 times, so the marinade can really flavour the meat. Pour over the sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate, if you have time. If not, mix well and arrange, skin-side up, in a roasting tin.
2. Cook for 30 minutes, then increase heat to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for about 15 minutes more until the skin is crispy and golden.
3. When the chicken is almost ready, heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the peppers and white parts of the spring onions for 5 minutes. Tip in the purée & paprika, stir, then add the rice, breaking up with a wooden spoon so all the grains are coated well.
4. Use a high heat and scrape any that sticks off the bottom so you get some soft and some crispy parts. Heat until piping hot. Scatter the green parts of the spring onion on top and serve with the chicken, and some vegetables or salad, if you like.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club