Piri Piri Chicken with Spicy Rice
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 skin-on chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 tablespoons - marinade
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- 1/2 bunch spring onions - sliced
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 250g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- Vegetables or salad (optional)
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Slash each piece of chicken 3 times, so the marinade can really flavour the meat. Pour over the sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate, if you have time. If not, mix well and arrange, skin-side up, in a roasting tin.
2. Cook for 30 minutes, then increase heat to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for about 15 minutes more until the skin is crispy and golden.
3. When the chicken is almost ready, heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the peppers and white parts of the spring onions for 5 minutes. Tip in the purée & paprika, stir, then add the rice, breaking up with a wooden spoon so all the grains are coated well.
4. Use a high heat and scrape any that sticks off the bottom so you get some soft and some crispy parts. Heat until piping hot. Scatter the green parts of the spring onion on top and serve with the chicken, and some vegetables or salad, if you like.
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup