Oven baked nachos with house guacamole under 10 minutes
Ever wondered how the taste of oven baked
nachos will be like?
The canteen team at UAL have shared an easy step by step recipe of house guacamole and nachos at @ualcatering on Instagram. This traditional Mexican snack is made with a very few ingredients, low in calories and is perfect for a guilt-free break at home.
Corn Tortilla (1-2 servings)
- 50g fine yellow cornflour/maize
- 75ml warm water
- Pinch of salt
Guacamole (1-2 servings)
- 1 ripe ready to eat avocado
- Half lemon
- Half tomato
- A handful of coriander
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper (or white)
How to make Corn Tortillas:
- Put cornflour, water and salt in a bowl and mix until you reach a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in small balls of 30g each and place one in the middle of the chopping board (previously wrapped in cling film) and press with a flat surface firmly (use a saucepan)
- Gently peel off the dough and cook on a pre-heated non-stick frying pan for 1 minute each side.
- Dispose the warm tortilla on a chopping board and cut it in fancy triangle shape as you like.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 5-6 minutes (look for a golden colour)
How to make House Guacamole:
- Cut 1 avocado in half and remove the skin with a spoon.
- Chop the coriander and tomato and add to the bowl with salt, black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon (half)
- Mash all with a fork until you reach a creamy texture.
Discover more food @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Book your arrival slot for halls! Self-isolation after travel (summer 2021) 6 places I need to visit this summer! Become a Halls Rep Q&A Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE