Oven baked nachos with house guacamole under 10 minutes
Ever wondered how the taste of oven baked
nachos will be like?
The canteen team at UAL have shared an easy step by step recipe of house guacamole and nachos at @ualcatering on Instagram. This traditional Mexican snack is made with a very few ingredients, low in calories and is perfect for a guilt-free break at home.
Corn Tortilla (1-2 servings)
- 50g fine yellow cornflour/maize
- 75ml warm water
- Pinch of salt
Guacamole (1-2 servings)
- 1 ripe ready to eat avocado
- Half lemon
- Half tomato
- A handful of coriander
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper (or white)
How to make Corn Tortillas:
- Put cornflour, water and salt in a bowl and mix until you reach a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in small balls of 30g each and place one in the middle of the chopping board (previously wrapped in cling film) and press with a flat surface firmly (use a saucepan)
- Gently peel off the dough and cook on a pre-heated non-stick frying pan for 1 minute each side.
- Dispose the warm tortilla on a chopping board and cut it in fancy triangle shape as you like.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 5-6 minutes (look for a golden colour)
How to make House Guacamole:
- Cut 1 avocado in half and remove the skin with a spoon.
- Chop the coriander and tomato and add to the bowl with salt, black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon (half)
- Mash all with a fork until you reach a creamy texture.
Discover more food @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Wine and cheese pairing night - Gardens House Your December events for Wick Park Sushi Making Sunday - Cordwainers Court Pizza making night - Cordwainers Court Taboo Tuesdays - The Grief Gang workshop London's latest restaurants on the block Cook-along-side these YouTubers WIN sustainable prizes in our Advent Calendar giveaway! VIVA MERCATO | Drag Queen Bingo Christmas Day
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Student tours of UAL halls