Moroccan spiced carrot hummus
Spice up things a little with this original snack recipe from Morocco.
3 carrots, peeled
3 whole cloves of garlic, peels left on
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tin cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained if from a can
100ml water + more to thin if necessary
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, ginger, salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne, mixed spice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chopped carrots and whole garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Scatter evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment and roast in the oven until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss carrots halfway through cooking. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their peels.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine roasted carrots, roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water and all of the spices.
- With the motor running drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Whirl away until smooth, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. If the hummus is too thick, add a little more water or oil and process until desired consistency is achieved.
Serve with minced cilantro and your favourite veggies and crackers.
Discover more food @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Kew Gardens Trip Oxford Day Trip Brick Lane curry night The London Dungeon Trip Hall-o-ween Celebration Rocky Horror Screening Pumpkin Carving A talk with Bami Kuteyi: Fearless Founder | Black History Month Exhibition at Zari Gallery | Black History Month Laugh out Proud | Comedy Night
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Top 5 reasons to live in South London Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup