Moroccan spiced carrot hummus
Spice up things a little with this original snack recipe from Morocco.
3 carrots, peeled
3 whole cloves of garlic, peels left on
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tin cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained if from a can
100ml water + more to thin if necessary
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, ginger, salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne, mixed spice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chopped carrots and whole garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Scatter evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment and roast in the oven until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss carrots halfway through cooking. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their peels.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine roasted carrots, roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water and all of the spices.
- With the motor running drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Whirl away until smooth, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. If the hummus is too thick, add a little more water or oil and process until desired consistency is achieved.
Serve with minced cilantro and your favourite veggies and crackers.
Discover more food @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Socialising safely Sexual violence – advice and support for students How to cycle safely in London Accommodation advice for students arriving in January 2022 Easy sweet potato brownie 5 ways of cooking eggs Vaccination centres near halls Book your arrival slot for halls! My experiences as an international student working as a Halls Rep Become a Halls Rep Q&A
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Top 5 reasons to live in South London Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup