Moroccan spiced carrot hummus
Spice up things a little with this original snack recipe from Morocco.
3 carrots, peeled
3 whole cloves of garlic, peels left on
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tin cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained if from a can
100ml water + more to thin if necessary
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, ginger, salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, cayenne, mixed spice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the chopped carrots and whole garlic cloves with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Scatter evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment and roast in the oven until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Toss carrots halfway through cooking. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their peels.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine roasted carrots, roasted garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, water and all of the spices.
- With the motor running drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Whirl away until smooth, scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. If the hummus is too thick, add a little more water or oil and process until desired consistency is achieved.
Serve with minced cilantro and your favourite veggies and crackers.
Discover more food @ualcatering
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Apply to be a Hall Rep Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club