Looking for a job that's literally on your doorstep?
Are you enthusiastic, hard-working and looking for paid work for the new academic year?
If so, we have the perfect job for you.
Halls Reps are students who live and work in halls as part of the UAL Social Programme. They come from all over the world, are at any college and do any course. We hire across all 12 halls of residence and it is a Halls Reps role to run events and wellbeing activities in halls. Ultimately, making sure all students are looked after at every stage of their journey halls and have the best experience possible.
In 2019, Halls Reps ran over 1,800 activities, including yoga sessions, afternoon teas, excursions to Bath, Oxford, Cambridge, plus monthly theatre trips and termly food festivals.
With the impact of COVID-19 we had to halt face-to-face events and gatherings, however, were able to move to an entirely online programme hosting a range of events. From twerkshops and dance fitness to film nights and virtual hangouts we have hosted daily events this year and had over 15,000 attendees.
Going forwards, we hope to get back to a new normal. With the aim to have face-to-face events back up and running by the new term but to continue with online events such as our ever-popular life drawing.
The Halls Rep role is a great way for you to make friends yourself, and gain really important life skills that will look amazing on your CV.
Interested? Apply here
Want to know more? On 10 June, we are hosting a Q&A event with some of our previous Halls Reps book your place to come and ask your questions.
As a Halls Rep, your responsibilities will include:
- Running weekly activities in your hall of residence, encouraging a social environment for fellow UAL students.
- Attending monthly meetings, keeping a strong line of communication with management as well as your site team.
- Holding a strong relationship with the UAL Student Services and signpost students who may need extra support.
- Supporting a range of events and activities outside your hall of residence.
What kind of qualities are we looking for?
- Friendly and approachable people who can create an enjoyable atmosphere in halls.
- Great communication skills: do you think you can listen thoughtfully to students and refer them to the correct student services for advice?
- Hardworking individuals with a positive attitude.
- You may be required to pass on students’ sensitive information, so it’s important that you’re trustworthy and professional at all times.
- Experience in peer support is preferred, but not essential.
Hear from the students who have worked for the Social Programme before
Apply now to be a part of our award-winning team and have the opportunity to create an amazing student experience at UAL - for yourself and your peers!
For any queries about applying contact ArtsTemps:
- Read Next
- 6 places I need to visit this summer! My experiences as an international student working as a Halls Rep Become a Halls Rep Q&A Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars Reasons why my second language made me a great Halls Rep
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Thinking of returning to halls next year? Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Why I returned and lived in halls for 3 years