Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat
It’s the little things in life that keep us smiling. So why not share the joy? Here is a list of little kind things that you can do with your flatmates, to help create a positive vibe for the rest of the year.
1. A cup of tea goes a long way
Fancy a brew? When you're making a drink why not offer to make a round?
There is nothing more homely than being bought a cup of tea to your bedroom. Even if you think your flatmate will say no, the offer makes a world of difference.
Not sure if you tea making skills are up to scratch? Don’t worry, biscuits and other treats of happiness will have the same effect.
2. Offer to cook a meal
Whether your a good cook or not, we all have to cook our own meals at some point. So why not give a bowl to a flatmate?
Even if you end up cooking something different, the invitation to eat together can make someone's day! So remember, when it comes to meals and snacks sharing is caring.
3. Jam together
Music can be one of the best ways you can bond with your new flatmates. Why not show them a new album that you've been enjoying? You could even listen to it together.
On Spotify, you can share your playlists with one another. Why not create a flat playlist with contributions from everyone in the flat. That way, when you are hanging out in the kitchen you can all listen to something you enjoy. You may end up having the same taste and begin to JAM in the kitchen!
4. Surprising someone can make their day
If you know that you’re all stressed, why not leave nice surprises in your communal areas for each other?
Leave a motivational note on the fridge to remind your flatmates that they are doing great! This will help boost their confidence and make your friendship stronger.
5. Host a pamper night for you flat
When the stress of uni starts to build, it’s important to take time to relax. So, why not have a pamper evening with your household? Purchase some face-masks, or even try making some. All you need to do now is put your feet up and relax for an evening.
Don't forget the cucumber for your eyes!
6. Get the popcorn out and stick on a film
When it’s a Saturday night and you don’t know what to do, grab some popcorn and your computer and switch on some Netflix.
Whether it’s a horror film or an absolute classic, sharing a movie night together is simple, but will help entertain the flat. You could watch a film in a communal space, and keep warm with a mountain of pillows!
I hope you enjoyed hearing some of the things that my flatmates and I do to keep a positive atmosphere in the flat. Remember, sometimes it's just small acts of kindness that can really make a difference.
Need more tips? Check out your guide to a successful house share.
- Read Next
- Food parcels for students self-isolating Tips and tricks for a great zoom class Games Night | UAL Social 8 outdoor activities you can do socially distanced Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup