Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat
It’s the little things in life that keep us smiling. So why not share the joy? Here is a list of little kind things that you can do with your flatmates, to help create a positive vibe for the rest of the year.
1. A cup of tea goes a long way
Fancy a brew? When you're making a drink why not offer to make a round?
There is nothing more homely than being bought a cup of tea to your bedroom. Even if you think your flatmate will say no, the offer makes a world of difference.
Not sure if you tea making skills are up to scratch? Don’t worry, biscuits and other treats of happiness will have the same effect.
2. Offer to cook a meal
Whether your a good cook or not, we all have to cook our own meals at some point. So why not give a bowl to a flatmate?
Even if you end up cooking something different, the invitation to eat together can make someone's day! So remember, when it comes to meals and snacks sharing is caring.
3. Jam together
Music can be one of the best ways you can bond with your new flatmates. Why not show them a new album that you've been enjoying? You could even listen to it together.
On Spotify, you can share your playlists with one another. Why not create a flat playlist with contributions from everyone in the flat. That way, when you are hanging out in the kitchen you can all listen to something you enjoy. You may end up having the same taste and begin to JAM in the kitchen!
4. Surprising someone can make their day
If you know that you’re all stressed, why not leave nice surprises in your communal areas for each other?
Leave a motivational note on the fridge to remind your flatmates that they are doing great! This will help boost their confidence and make your friendship stronger.
5. Host a pamper night for you flat
When the stress of uni starts to build, it’s important to take time to relax. So, why not have a pamper evening with your household? Purchase some face-masks, or even try making some. All you need to do now is put your feet up and relax for an evening.
Don't forget the cucumber for your eyes!
6. Get the popcorn out and stick on a film
When it’s a Saturday night and you don’t know what to do, grab some popcorn and your computer and switch on some Netflix.
Whether it’s a horror film or an absolute classic, sharing a movie night together is simple, but will help entertain the flat. You could watch a film in a communal space, and keep warm with a mountain of pillows!
I hope you enjoyed hearing some of the things that my flatmates and I do to keep a positive atmosphere in the flat. Remember, sometimes it's just small acts of kindness that can really make a difference.
Need more tips? Check out your guide to a successful house share.
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls