Keeping you safe in halls
Our Halls' teams have been working hard to make sure that we have a comprehensive plan in place to welcome students in September, whilst keeping in mind advice and guidance from the government.
In this article, you'll see some of the measures that we will be developing in the coming weeks to ensure students' safety and wellbeing. Whether you have accepted, declined, or are waiting for an offer, we encourage you to take a look and get an idea for yourself.
We will continually update you on these plans, and send useful articles and videos in the countdown to September. In the meantime, if you have any initial questions, you can watch our Halls' webinars.
The current government guidance is that all new arrivals in the United Kingdom must self-isolate for 10 days. This advice could change closer to your arrival date, but rest assured, you will be able to self-isolate in halls.
To ensure students are fully supported during self-isolation, we have planned a number of initiatives including:
- Bookable bedding and kitchen utensil packs
- A digital Social Programme
- A 24-hour wellbeing support service.
We are putting into place strict social distancing procedures across all of our halls and colleges to protect both students and staff.
Furthermore, our traditional ‘Welcome Weekends’ will be staggered over a longer period with bookable day/time slots. This will ensure we manage safe capacity at each hall.
Join one of our webinars and speak to the team
Still have questions about your arrival or life in halls? We will be organising a series of webinars with members of staff from the Accommodation Services team, who are more than happy to help you with your enquiries.
Stay tuned to your inbox for more information.
Meet your hall-mates with our Facebook groups
In the summer, we'll be sending out links to our Halls' Facebook groups. This means students will be able to chat to and get to know fellow UAL residents who will be living in the same hall as them.
The Airport Collection Service is a one-off free service for students coming to University of the Arts London for the first time from non-European countries.
UAL will arrange a taxi and a driver from Addison Lee to meet you at your arrival airport and take you to either your hall of residence or private accommodation within the M25. All bookings must be made in advance, with the latest time being 3 working days before your arrival date.
For more information and to make a booking, please take a look at our Airport Collection Service page.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. If you still have any questions about any of our plans, please contact the Accommodation Services team, by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls