How to join UAL sports & societies during lockdown
One of the most exciting parts of going into uni is joining all of the different societies and sports clubs. Whether you've been doing it forever or wanting to try something new, UAL offers a wide variety of things to try.
You might be wondering you can still join during lockdown. The answer is YES. You don't need to miss out on anything as all of our clubs and societies are now running online.
Societies are a great way to meet new people from across all 6 UAL colleges and around the world that have similar interests to you. So what are you waiting for? Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
1. Visit & browse through the Arts SU website
Need a study break? The Arts SU website is just a few clicks away. By getting involved in the SU you can grasp the opportunity to make a change, have your voice heard or have your art seen.
On the website, you can find a list of all different societies and clubs available to you. Each one has their own page with all of their contact details and social media handles.
2. Check the 'What's On' page
The ‘What’s On’ page is the best way to get an overview of all the upcoming events.
See what grabs your attention and sign up!
3. Join Arts Activities
Another way to get access to a wide variety of events is to join Arts Activities. Arts Active is all about trying new, exciting things without a competitive edge.
For just £25 for the year or £10 for the term, you will have access to a wide range of activities designed to spark your interest and connect with the wider UAL community.
4. Follow the Arts Activities on Instagram
Follow the Arts Activities Instagram to keep up to date with all of the latest events and news from your favourite societies and sports club. You'll even be the first to hear about new societies.
5. Search for the Societies & Clubs on Instagram
All of UAL’s societies & clubs are on Instagram. This is the best way to contact them and see what's on.
Don’t be afraid to drop them a message and ask questions. The more questions the better, they love having people interested in joining.
Can’t see a club you want to join? Maybe you'd like to create your own. Check out the Arts SU website to find out more on how to start your own club and/or society!
- Read Next
- My tips on graduating in a pandemic How to reduce your screen time 5 ways to celebrate Lunar New Year in lockdown 4 ways to practice self-love this Valentine's Day Oven baked nachos with house guacamole under 10 minutes Moroccan spiced carrot hummus My favourite zero-waste beauty ideas 3 reasons why you should get out on a walk today How to join UAL sports & societies during lockdown Tips and tricks for a great zoom class
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup