How to cook your own tuna pasta bake
Simple yet effective...
150g penne pasta
15g plain flour
70g strong cheddar, grated
80g of tinned tuna drained
80g sweetcorn, drained
one handful chopped parsley
- Heat the old oven to 180ºC fan.
- Boil the pasta for 2 mins less than the time stated on the pack (al dente style).
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour.
- Cook for 1 min, then gradually stir in the milk to make a thick white sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in all but a handful of cheese.
- Drain the pasta, mix with the white sauce, tuna, sweetcorn and parsley. Then season.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.
Top tip: Why not try adding some crisps or tortilla chips to the top of the bake before it enters the oven for a tasty and crispy addition?
- Read Next
- Halloween party | The Costume Store Celebrate Black History Month through food Lino printing | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | Gardens House Student Spotlight | Nadia Adni How to de-stress and relax workshop Afro fusion dance class What's on October Sip and paint at Skylight Peckham
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP