Many recipes using pulses are Middle Eastern in origin, such as falafel, a popular street food. It is a pattie made using dried chickpeas or broad beans or a combination of the two.
- 1 large onion - Chopped
- 400g dried chickpeas
- 8 garlic cloves - chopped
- Small bunch of parsley - chopped
- Small bunch of coriander - chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 250 ml Shop Bought Mint Yoghurt
- Shop Bought Salad Mix
- Flat Bread
1. Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blend to a fine crumb. Transfer to a large bowl and add the onion, garlic and parsley. Blend until well combined.
2. Add this mixture to the chickpeas with the cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder with a little salt. Stir well then set aside for 30 minutes. Heat enough oil in a frying pan to come about 2 1/2 cm up the side over a low medium heat. The oil is ready to cook in when the surface is shimmering and a pinch of the mixture sizzles on contact with the oil.
3. Using two tablespoons, form the mixture into oval patties. Drop directly into the hot oil and cook for 2 - 3minutes, turning halfway through until golden & crispy. Once cooked, keep the falafel warm and serve the falafel wrapped in flatbreads dressed with mint yoghurt and maybe a little salad on the side.
- Read Next
- An Evening with Arts SU | UAL Social Digital Intimacies and online dating | Wellbeing Wednesday Wellbeing Wednesday: Anatomy and sexual pleasure Wellbeing Wednesday: Drug Awareness | UAL Social 15% off at hotel rooms near The Costume Store Rocky's Animal Farm | UAL Social Routemaster Bus Tour How to be a WELL BEING | Wellbeing Wednesdays Wellbeing Wednesday: The Art of Being Brilliant | UAL Social Vaccination centres near halls
- Our handy halls checklist Check in checklist IKEA Shopping Coach Trips Pride at UAL Harry Potter Warner Bros Studio Tour Tate to Tate Galleries Boat Trip Escorted Tour to Freshers' Fair Find out about our Airport Collection Service Wicked Theatre Trip | UAL Social Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls