Many recipes using pulses are Middle Eastern in origin, such as falafel, a popular street food. It is a pattie made using dried chickpeas or broad beans or a combination of the two.
- 1 large onion - Chopped
- 400g dried chickpeas
- 8 garlic cloves - chopped
- Small bunch of parsley - chopped
- Small bunch of coriander - chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 250 ml Shop Bought Mint Yoghurt
- Shop Bought Salad Mix
- Flat Bread
1. Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blend to a fine crumb. Transfer to a large bowl and add the onion, garlic and parsley. Blend until well combined.
2. Add this mixture to the chickpeas with the cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder with a little salt. Stir well then set aside for 30 minutes. Heat enough oil in a frying pan to come about 2 1/2 cm up the side over a low medium heat. The oil is ready to cook in when the surface is shimmering and a pinch of the mixture sizzles on contact with the oil.
3. Using two tablespoons, form the mixture into oval patties. Drop directly into the hot oil and cook for 2 - 3minutes, turning halfway through until golden & crispy. Once cooked, keep the falafel warm and serve the falafel wrapped in flatbreads dressed with mint yoghurt and maybe a little salad on the side.
- Read Next
- Food parcels for students self-isolating Tips and tricks for a great zoom class Games Night | UAL Social 8 outdoor activities you can do socially distanced Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup