Harry's top 5 travel tips in London
It's important to budget your expenses and as a student, every little helps! Here are Harry's top tips on how to save money while travelling in London:
- If you have a Rail Card, you can link it to your standard or student Oyster card to save up to 34% on off peak travel on the tube and DLR. Just speak to a member of staff at the desk to help you.
- Avoid peak times which are 6.30-9.30am and 4-7pm, from Monday to Friday. Traveling during peak hours cost more.
- Walking parts of your journey can help you save some money and also get some steps in! You'll be surprised how close some stations are to each other.
- You can plan your journey with TFL's hopper fare in mind. The hopper fare allows you unlimited bus travel for one hour for £1.65!
- Day trips are available for affordable prices and you may get good students discounts as well :)
For additional information, you can check out TFL's student travel advice page.
- Read Next
- Halloween party | The Costume Store Celebrate Black History Month through food Lino printing | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | Gardens House Student Spotlight | Nadia Adni How to de-stress and relax workshop Afro fusion dance class What's on October Sip and paint at Skylight Peckham
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP