Harry's top 5 travel tips in London
It's important to budget your expenses and as a student, every little helps! Here are Harry's top tips on how to save money while travelling in London:
- If you have a Rail Card, you can link it to your standard or student Oyster card to save up to 34% on off peak travel on the tube and DLR. Just speak to a member of staff at the desk to help you.
- Avoid peak times which are 6.30-9.30am and 4-7pm, from Monday to Friday. Traveling during peak hours cost more.
- Walking parts of your journey can help you save some money and also get some steps in! You'll be surprised how close some stations are to each other.
- You can plan your journey with TFL's hopper fare in mind. The hopper fare allows you unlimited bus travel for one hour for £1.65!
- Day trips are available for affordable prices and you may get good students discounts as well :)
For additional information, you can check out TFL's student travel advice page.
- Read Next
- Zero Waste Tuck Shop UAL Accommodation Open Day Private Accommodation Advice drop-in sessions Puppy therapy | WAITING LIST UAL After Hours | Dancing in heels New Year's celebrations across cultures! Accommodation Services webinar: Your next place to live Where to eat at Wimbledon College of Arts Where to eat at London College of Communication Where to eat at Camberwell College of Arts
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Get in contact with your hall Make sure to register at your GP