Free period products in all halls
Time of the month? Take what you need.
No one should miss out on lectures, socialising, or day-to-day activities due to their period.
From September, we’ll be providing free eco-friendly period products in each of our halls.
These will be available to all students who menstruate who may:
- Not be able to afford them
- Have run out of their own supply
- Have come on their period unexpectedly.
Accessing free period products in private
Whilst we want to break the taboo and stigma surrounding periods, we understand that your time of the month may be something you want to keep private from your fellow hall-mates. If you’d prefer to access these products privately, we’ll also be keeping some behind our reception desks with our halls’ teams. You can always email them in advance and your request will be handled discreetly when you go down.
If you would like to know of other places where you can access free sanitary products, we recommend looking at this article on Bustle, which has a list of all UK supermarkets and retailers who also provide this service.
As always, if you have any questions about our halls’ free period products or anything related to life in halls, please contact your Halls team who’ll be able to provide you with confidential guidance and information.
- Read Next
- National pasta day: Fresh pasta making Group study session The Woman in Black theatre trip Rocky's Animal Farm Black History Month movie screening Africa Fashion at the V&A museum trip Brick Lane curry night Meet your Residence Managers Meet your Residence Manager - Brooke Hall, Portland and Gardens House Meet your Residence Manager - Glassyard and Highline Building
- The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Where to buy your essential items for halls YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Student tours of UAL halls How to apply for discounted student travel 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Where to park when you arrive at halls Make sure to register at your GP