Chicken Biryani Pilau
- 6 large chicken thighs - skin on
- 1 large onion - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder (hot)
- 350g easy cook long grain rice
- 700ml chicken stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down for 8 to 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
2. Tip in the onions and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for one minute more, then stir in the rice and pour over the stock. Bring the stock to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving.
- Read Next
- Zero Waste Tuck Shop UAL Accommodation Open Day Private Accommodation Advice drop-in sessions Puppy therapy | WAITING LIST UAL After Hours | Dancing in heels New Year's celebrations across cultures! Accommodation Services webinar: Your next place to live Where to eat at Wimbledon College of Arts Where to eat at London College of Communication Where to eat at Camberwell College of Arts
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Student tours of UAL halls Get in contact with your hall Make sure to register at your GP