Chicken Biryani Pilau
- 6 large chicken thighs - skin on
- 1 large onion - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder (hot)
- 350g easy cook long grain rice
- 700ml chicken stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down for 8 to 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
2. Tip in the onions and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for one minute more, then stir in the rice and pour over the stock. Bring the stock to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving.
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club