Chicken Biryani Pilau
- 6 large chicken thighs - skin on
- 1 large onion - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder (hot)
- 350g easy cook long grain rice
- 700ml chicken stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down for 8 to 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
2. Tip in the onions and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for one minute more, then stir in the rice and pour over the stock. Bring the stock to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving.
- Read Next
- National pasta day: Fresh pasta making Group study session The Woman in Black theatre trip Rocky's Animal Farm Black History Month movie screening Africa Fashion at the V&A museum trip Brick Lane curry night Meet your Residence Managers Meet your Residence Manager - Brooke Hall, Portland and Gardens House Meet your Residence Manager - Glassyard and Highline Building
- The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2022 How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Where to buy your essential items for halls YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Student tours of UAL halls How to apply for discounted student travel 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Where to park when you arrive at halls Make sure to register at your GP