Chicken Biryani Pilau
- 6 large chicken thighs - skin on
- 1 large onion - finely sliced
- 2 tablespoon curry powder (hot)
- 350g easy cook long grain rice
- 700ml chicken stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken thighs, skin side down for 8 to 10 minutes until the skin is golden and crispy.
2. Tip in the onions and continue to cook for 5 minutes until the onions are softened. Sprinkle in the curry powder and cook for one minute more, then stir in the rice and pour over the stock. Bring the stock to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and bake for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir in the peas and leave the rice to stand for a few moments before serving.
- Read Next
- 5 easy and delicous festive snacks Little acts of kindness that will create a good vibe in your flat Here's 5 ideas to decorate your halls bedroom Kiera's tips for beating the seasonal blues Cook your very own Festive feast 10 top tips for staying on top of your uni work Top tips for a successful flat mate festive dinner Spicy peanut butter noodles in 15 minutes 6 top tips to help you study smarter not harder 5 of the most Instagrammable vegetarian breakfasts
- Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup