Carrot & ginger soup
Sometimes there's nothing better than tucking into a steaming bowl of soup to warm you up on a cold day...and it's so easy to make!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small tiger baton
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 250g carrots, roughly sliced into rounds
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1L boiling water
- 400g cannellini beans in water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Roughly cut the tiger baton into even-sized big croutons. Spread them out on a tray and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the croutons, toss to coat. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes (or until crispy and golden). Set aside when done.
- Prepare your ingredients for the soup. Chop your onion, ginger and carrots. Then add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a saucepan before cooking the onion until soft. Add the ginger and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Now add the carrots to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, then stir the vegetables to mix in the seasoning. Pour in the water and add the vegetable stock cube, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for 10-15 minutes. Check that the carrots are soft and tender before blending until a smooth consistency.
- Serve in four bowls. Top with your croutons and add any other garnish of your choice for extra flavour (coriander, parsley etc.).
Find more delicious recipes @ualcatering
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls