Buddy up with your Hall Rep!
Looking to meet fellow students just like you?
Starting at University can be a wonderful, exciting time, but we understand that for many students it can also feel challenging and even overwhelming.
If you think you might need help settling into your new home this September, our Hall Reps are running "Buddy Up" sessions.
What is a Buddy Up session?
- Our Buddy Up programme works by matching Hall Reps with students who are either new to halls or would like to meet more people. It is flexible and informal so it is up to students where they meet and what they do, so this could be a walk around your new neighbourhood, a coffee at your college canteen, or a visit to a new exhibition you want to see.
- We just say to be sensible. Hall Reps are students just like you so sessions will be arranged between yourselves and them at a time that suits.
How do I sign up for a Buddy Up session?
- To register for a Buddy Up session, please email the Social Programme at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Buddy Up at...followed by the name of your hall, for example Buddy Up at Highline Building.
- The Social Programme team will inform your Hall Rep, who will contact you directly.
- Alternatively, you can approach your Hall Rep directly. They are the students in bright pink T-shirts and will be running the events in your building.
- Please note, the team will need to approve all sessions before they take place.
How many sessions can I go on?
- Each student is allowed to attend a maximum of two Buddy Up sessions.
- All sessions must be approved by the Social Programme team.
What if I need additional support?
- If you feel like you need to talk to someone about your wellbeing or mental health, there are lots of support options available, whether that's in your hall, at UAL, or with a charity. We recommend looking at our article "Finding support that works for you", which has lots of useful links and contact information.
- Alternatively, you can speak directly to your Residence Manager who can signpost you to the relevant people.
- Please note, if there is a concern for the welfare of either the student or Hall Rep, the Social Programme will stop these sessions.
For more information about our Buddy Up sessions or anything else related to the Social Programme, you can contact the team for more information by emailing email@example.com. You can also sign up to all our activities and events taking place in September, by checking out our tab on Halls Life.
- Read Next
- Margate day trip Recipe: Carrot & Ginger Soup Using Airfryers in Halls Decorating lanterns for Ramadan! Waste Knot: fighting against food waste Breaking stereotypes: Being aroace Cutting down on food waste Celebrating women in our canteens and cafes International Women's Day | Meet the team My top 8 book recommendations
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The ultimate guide to your new home Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls