Book your arrival slot for halls!
We hope you are getting excited about moving to halls this autumn. All the team is looking forward to welcoming you and have been putting lots of plans together to make sure you are safe, happy, and well looked after during your stay.
Before we send you all the fun information about moving in, we need you to tell us the date and time you plan to arrive at your hall of residence as soon as possible by filling out our form.
The UK Government has created a green, amber and red list for individuals arriving from different countries into the UK and each country will have different requirements in terms of who has to self-isolate and what the requirements are for the self-isolation period. You can find the full details of what the process will be for the country you are arriving from by visiting the UK Government website here. We have also put together a handy Halls Life article on what self-isolation will mean in terms of arriving in halls.
There are 3 options for booking your arrival slot:
- Option 1: 23 August – 11 September: Early arrival slots for students who need to self-isolate (amber list)
- Option 2: 4 September onwards: Arrival slots for students who have a 4 September tenancy start date
- Option 3: 11 September onwards: Arrival slots for students who have an 11 September tenancy start date
If you are unsure which slot you need to book, please read the below information which will help you understand which slot is suitable for your arrival or please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have also added our answers to ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ further in this article.
Students arriving early to self-isolate in halls (Amber list countries) arriving between 23 August - 11 September:
If you are travelling from a country that is currently an amber list country, the UK Government request that you self-isolate for 10 days. You also need to arrange a COVID-19 test for the second and eighth day of your self-isolation period.
- All students who need to self-isolate will need to arrive at their hall between 23 August-11 September wherever possible to complete their self-isolation period before other students arrive.
- If you are arriving before the start of your contract, you will not be charged rent until your contract begins, if you are arriving early to self-isolate if travelling from an amber list country.
- If there is any reason why you will not be able to arrive at your halls between 23 August-11 September please select your arrival date on one of the options below, depending on whether your contract starts on 4 September or 11 September
- Anyone who books for this period that does not meet the eligibility criteria will be contacted by the Accommodation Services team and asked to re-book their arrival date, please note you may also be denied entry to the building.
To book your arrival time at halls please click on the link below:
Students with a 4 September tenancy start date:
If you are travelling from within the UK or a country that is on the green list on the UK Government travel rules, then you do not need to self-isolate for 10 days.
- Select this slot if your tenancy is due to start on 4 September and you do not need to self-isolate, or will have already completed your red list self-isolation in an approved quarantine hotel.
- Please note we have had to stagger the arrival slots for all students to ensure that we are able to follow social distancing rules. This means that not all students will be able to arrive on 4 September.
- You must book your slot as soon as possible to choose your preferred date and time. If your tenancy is due to start on 11 September do not select this option, you will find information on how you should book in the next section.
- Anyone who books for this period that does not have a tenancy starting on 4 September will be contacted by the Accommodation Services team and asked to re-book their arrival date, please note you may also be denied entry to the building.
To book your arrivals time at halls please click on the link below:
Students with an 11 September tenancy start date:
If you are travelling from within the UK or a country that is on the green list for the UK Government travel rules, then you do not need to self-isolate for 10 days.
- Select this slot if your tenancy is due to start on 11 September and you do not need to self-isolate, or will have already completed your red list self-isolation in an approved quarantine hotel.
- Please note we have had to stagger the arrival slots for all students to ensure that we are able to follow social distancing rules.
- This means that not all students will be able to arrive on 11 September. You must book your slot as soon as possible to choose your preferred date and time.
To book your arrivals time at halls please click on the link below:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I have to self-isolate?
You will need to check the self-isolation after travel information on the UK Government website:
- If you are travelling from a country that is on the green list, you do not need to self-isolate when you arrive in the UK.
- If you are travelling from a country that is on the amber list you need to self-isolate for 10 days. You can find out more about self-isolating in halls after travel by visiting this halls life article.
- If you are travelling from a country that is on the red list you will need to self-isolate in a quarantine hotel before you arrive in halls.
Do I have to book my arrival time and date on Eventbrite?
- Yes all students including those who do not need to self-isolate will be required to book their arrivals slot through Eventbrite (LANDING PAGE LINK). These measures are in place for all students to ensure that we are following the Government’s social distancing measures.
Will any support be available if I have to self-isolate?
- Yes, there will be lots of support available to students who are self-isolating. There is a site team based in each of the Halls and you can arrange a virtual meeting with them if you have any concerns. Our Social Programme will also be running lots of events throughout the first term, this includes virtual Tea & Talk sessions, as well as lots of different exercise and wellbeing sessions.
What steps should be followed when I arrive at halls?
- We ask that you bring minimal luggage with you when you arrive in order to make the move-in process as quick as possible. Staff will not be able to help you to bring luggage to your room. You can have one other person (a parent, guardian, friend or delivery personnel) to help you move in. However, they are not allowed to stay with you overnight. Everyone will also be required to wear a mask whilst in the communal areas of the building and follow all signs in the building.
Can my friend/parent/guardian stay?
- No, once they have helped you move in, guests are at present unable to stay at the hall, or to return as guests to visit you.
Will I arrive in a flat where students are self-isolating?
- All students who need to self-isolate are being asked to arrive before the start of their tenancy to complete isolation. However, students may still be self-isolating in your flat when you arrive. We have guidance put together for anyone who is self-isolating after travel (LINK) which they should follow, this will also help any flatmates who will be moving in whilst they are in their isolation period. Please remember that UAL is an inclusive environment and we want all students to feel welcome and at home when they arrive.
How will you know if students are following self-isolation rules?
- We really hope that all students who arrive in halls in the next academic year help us to follow COVID-19 measures including self-isolation and social distancing, which we have put in place for the safety of all students and staff.
- However, we will have a record of all students who will be self-isolating when they arrive at halls and will be tracking students throughout the 10-day self-isolation period. These measures are a legal requirement for anyone entering the UK from a country which is not on a approved green travel list. If any students are found to not be following self-isolation guidelines, then we will ensure measures are taken in response to this.
Students who are self-isolating also have an obligation to complete COVID-19 tests during their isolation period and report the test results to the UK Government.
Will I have to show my Eventbrite confirmation on arrival?
- Yes, please save a screenshot of your Eventbrite booking on your phone to show staff when you arrive. You will be sent your arrival slot by email once you have booked on Eventbrite.
What happens if I need to change my arrival slot as my plans have changed or my country is added or removed from the green list and need to choose another day?
You can only book one arrival slot:
Go to your order confirmation email
Click on ‘View and Manage’ your order online
Login to your Eventbrite account
Select ‘Cancel Order’
Rebook your arrival time and slot
Please still ensure that you are booking the correct arrival depending on your tenancy start date and whether you need to self-isolate, the full details are provided above this questions section.
If I am self-isolating can I use the shared facilities in my flat such as the kitchen and bathroom?
- You can use the kitchen, bathroom and other communal areas within your flat. You may want to arrange a rota with your flatmates if you would prefer to use the kitchen at different times – if you do, each person will need to fully clean the kitchen after they have used it. We will provide you with initial cleaning supplies.
What if I have COVID-19 symptoms on the day I should be travelling to Halls?
- If you are showing COVID-19 symptoms you should not come to your Halls of Residence and should instead self-isolate and order a COVID-19 test kit. This also applies to anyone travelling with you or helping you move in. Please also ensure that you cancel and re-book your arrivals slots once you can safely travel.
How can I buy food and kitchen items if I need to self-isolate?
- UAL caterers Baxter Storey will be providing a small food package in your room ahead of your arrival, to support you whilst you organise a food delivery.
- You can find information on how to buy food whilst self-isolating after traveling on this halls life article. We ask any students who are self-isolating to order food for the duration of their isolation period rather than daily deliveries as the deliveries will have to be carried out by our site teams who will be helping a large number of students in isolation.
How can I buy bedding and kitchen items if I need to self-isolate?
- You can order kitchen items and bedding with UniKitOut here. All items can be bought online and before you arrive, so that everything is ready for you without you needing to even leave your room!
How can I find out more information about my hall?
- Please take a look at your hall guide which have been put together from you which provide answers to lots of questions you may have which are specific to your hall.
- We are doing everything we can to make the arrival process as smooth and as safe as possible for everybody and appreciate your co-operation and understanding. We look forward to meeting you all in this new academic year. Please keep checking the UAL Halls Life webpage for further updates in the coming weeks ahead of your arrival.
If I am self-isolating after arriving from an amber list country can I leave my flat during my isolation period?
- No you will need to stay in your flat for the duration of your isolation period. All deliveries including post and food deliveries you have ordered would be delivered to your flat by our site teams. Full details of what to do when self-isolating after travel can be found in this halls life article.
I would like to know more about what to expect when arriving in halls this autumn, where can I find out information?
- Your Residence Manager will be hosting a webinar in August to provide more information about what to expect when you arrive in halls. You will also be able to ask any questions you might have.
If you have any queries at all, please do let us know as soon as possible by contacting email@example.com.
- Read Next
- Book your arrival slot for halls! Self-isolation after travel (summer 2021) 6 places I need to visit this summer! Become a Halls Rep Q&A Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE