Looking for a simple veggie burger recipe? These juicy beetroot burgers could be your answer. Bursting with flavor, these burger are perfect for a light weekday dinner.
- A Handful of Fresh Dill
- A Handful of Fresh Parsley
- Leaves from 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 305g Fresh Beetroot Grated
- 150g Carrots, Finely Grated
- 120g Oatmeal
- 3 Free Range Eggs
- 1 Small Red Onion - Finely Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves - Crushed
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180oc (350f) gas 4
- Finely chop the herbs & thoroughly combine with the beetroot, carrots, oatmeal, eggs, onions & garlic in a bowl, making sure the eggs & herbs are evenly distributed.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt & a few grindings of pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Form about 10 burger patties with your hands. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan set over a low heat & fry the burgers until just browned; 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an oven-proof dish & bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Toast the bread rolls, cut them open & spread with mustard on the inside. Add a little rocket & some halved tomatoes
- Top with a cooked burger & a little slaw & serve.
Like these and want to check out some of our other recipes? Click here.
- Read Next
- Halloween party | The Costume Store Celebrate Black History Month through food Lino printing | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | Gardens House Student Spotlight | Nadia Adni How to de-stress and relax workshop Afro fusion dance class What's on October Sip and paint at Skylight Peckham
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP