Awkward things that happen trying to make friends
Coming to university means you're going to meet a whole range of new people and some of these will become your best mates!
Making new friends might be a daunting thought but don't worry, you'll make some amazing memories and eventually laugh at that awkward first meeting...
- Awkwardly hovering over a conversation, never quite inputting anything interesting
- Your timing in conversations is way off because you over-think what you should and should not say
- When you’re alone with a new friend and you can’t think of one single conversation topic
- When something funny happens between you and your new friend and yet they forget all about it (and you awkwardly have to remind them)
- Getting their name wrong
So, whether it's awkward to begin or it's like you've known each other for years, you can guarantee you'll make brand new friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Read Next
- Book your arrival slot for halls! Self-isolation after travel (summer 2021) 6 places I need to visit this summer! Become a Halls Rep Q&A Emily Bowes Court: student room and kitchen tour Cedars Hall: student room and kitchen tour Chapter Lewisham: student room and kitchen tour The Costume Store: student room and kitchen tour Student room and kitchen tours Re-watch our halls open day webinars
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Our handy halls checklist Find out about our Airport Collection Service Watch our video | Keeping you safe in halls Order all your essential items for halls Let's talk about insurance... Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE