Awkward things that happen trying to make friends
Coming to university means you're going to meet a whole range of new people and some of these will become your best mates!
Making new friends might be a daunting thought but don't worry, you'll make some amazing memories and eventually laugh at that awkward first meeting...
- Awkwardly hovering over a conversation, never quite inputting anything interesting
- Your timing in conversations is way off because you over-think what you should and should not say
- When you’re alone with a new friend and you can’t think of one single conversation topic
- When something funny happens between you and your new friend and yet they forget all about it (and you awkwardly have to remind them)
- Getting their name wrong
So, whether it's awkward to begin or it's like you've known each other for years, you can guarantee you'll make brand new friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Read Next
- Why we loved being Hall Reps Returning to halls? Apply to be a Hall Rep! Your journey from Archwood House to college Student tours of UAL halls Five student-friendly lunch box ideas How I made my best friends in halls Student Spotlight: life as a pageant girl My 6 top tips for living in halls Inventory and charges.... if these walls could talk LGBTQ+ artists and writers that you should check out
- How to apply to halls How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK Student tours of UAL halls How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Deposits and advance rent payments YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 Our handy halls checklist 8 things different about life in the UK vs China 6 hall recommendations for returning students Cabaret at the Kit Kat Club