7 places to check out around Camberwell College of Arts
Hi, Aliya here! My first year studying at Camberwell has been a fun and emotional journey.
Exploring Camberwell after college and witnessing the life and people here makes me feel a sense of happiness in a usually cloudy London.
Here are some things that I do, and you may want to do to socialise or enjoy your time, while at college!
1. Grab a bite between classes 🌯
Grabbing an affordable, filling meal in the college cafeteria is extremely convenient.
But there are also plenty of places nearby offering student discounts and great lunch deals. My favourite place is Francesco’s, a five-minute walk away that offers £5 meal deals during lunchtime or filling pizza wraps for just £3.50!
There’s a Greggs 10 minutes away where you can get a snack, coffee, and sandwich for under £4 (remember to ask for a student discount).
There is also a Sainsbury’s next to college to grab quick snacks!
And then you have Well Mix Oriental, which offers a huge quantity of food at good prices!
2. Go to a park 🌳
In between classes or during lunch, you may want to relax in a park.
Check out Lucas Gardens, a cute park just 2 minutes away from the college and a perfect place to wind down.
3. Grab art supplies 🖌🎨
4. Go to an art gallery 🖼
The South London gallery is a great place to spend time for some inspiration and artist research.
They also have a café, the South London Louie, inside the gallery and also have outdoor seating to enjoy a beautiful sunny day in London!
5. Catch up with Friends with a couple drinks 🥂
The Peckham Pelican is a café and bar less than 2 minutes away from college and a great place to catch up with friends over drinks after classes.
It’s a pleasant bar and always quite lively, especially on Friday evenings.
6. Get coffee or bubble tea 🧋
Lumberjack, a quaint café just 5 minutes away, offers specialty coffees, deli and freshly baked items.
Greggs is also an affordable and great option to get a hot mocha on a cold day!
Ding Tea, a cute bubble tea place in Camberwell Green, is a 15-minute walk and serves some great milk teas, bubble teas, and seasonal drinks and is a fav amongst UAL students.
7. Explore the area 🧭
The college is located right between Camberwell and Peckham, which leaves lots of room for exploration and finding new things.
I recently found out that there’s a Camberwell Bunker Garden, a space in which lies an abandoned Cold War bunker. The entire area is filled with creativity, food culture and lots of bustle and there’s always new places to find inspiration for your next projects!
- Read Next
- UAL Indian Society and Halls Life present.. RANGELA! Your March events at Cordwainers Court! LGBTQ+ History Month: Queer Illuminations Free food trucks for you! West End Theatre Trip to Standing at the Sky's Edge Your March events at The Costume Store! Your March events at Archwood house! Your March events at Gardens House & Portland House! Your March events at Sketch House! Your March events at Highline Building!
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls Student tours of UAL halls