5 tops tips for living in a studio flat
Living in a studio flat is fantastic if you like your own personal space and independence.
There will be no queueing at the hobs to cook your dinner and you won't have noisy flatmates waking you up in the middle of the night. However, we know that some elements of living alone may be daunting.
So, to help you get settled in, here are our top tips for living in a studio flat!
1. Be responsible for your own mess 🧹
One massive benefit of living in a studio flat is that you don’t need to deal with anyone else’s mess. On the flip side, you'll need to be responsible for clearing up after yourself. You won't have anyone hassling you to tidy and there will be no rota. Getting into a good habit of being clean and tidy early on will set you up well for the year ahead. Check out these cleaning tips!
2. Learn some basic cooking skills before you arrive 🍳
Unlike shared accommodation, you won’t be able to rely on your flatmates to help you cook. Don’t worry though, because mastering the basics isn’t hard. Our simple student recipes are a great place to start!
3. Don't be shy- introduce yourself to your neighbours 👋🏼
Just because you are in a studio flat doesn’t mean your social life has to suffer. Why not introduce yourself to your new neighbours? Remember that everyone is in the same position!
4. Make sure you use the common room spaces 🛋
Remember that you can always leave your room and spend some time the common room areas in your halls. These areas are a great space where you can relax and socialise with other people in your building.
5. Get involved in the Social Programme events 🎉
The Social Programme runs events held in your hall. These include fun trips and activities throughout the term that you can get involved in. These events are a great opportunity to try something new and meet some other students, and most are free.
We hope that you love all the benefits that come with living in a studio flat. Remember, if you are feeling lonely your Hall Reps in your halls are always a friendly face! Your Hall Reps will run events throughout the term to help support your wellbeing while at halls. They are identifiable by their pink t-shirts and will always be happy to chat!
- Read Next
- Margate day trip Recipe: Carrot & Ginger Soup Using Airfryers in Halls Decorating lanterns for Ramadan! Waste Knot: fighting against food waste Breaking stereotypes: Being aroace Cutting down on food waste Celebrating women in our canteens and cafes International Women's Day | Meet the team My top 8 book recommendations
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 The ultimate guide to your new home Where to buy your essential items for halls 8 things different about life in the UK vs China How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP Fire Safety in Halls