5 quick and easy mug recipes
Dinner for one person can be difficult.
However, if you are in a hurry and need something quick or maybe just a study snack, open your mind to the world of possibilities available to you when you combine your mug and microwave together.
Here are some of our suggestions to get you started...
- Macaroni and cheese - Add 1/2 cup of water to approximately 1/4 of a cup of macaroni, just enough to fill the water. Microwave for 2 minutes then stir. Repeat this again twice, stirring at each interval until the pasta is cooked. Then add 1/4 cup or milk and 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Mix together thoroughly and then enjoy.
- Scrambled eggs - Did you know how quick and easy it is to scramble your eggs in the microwave? All you need to do in 'base' your mug in butter, then add a tablespoon of milk for every egg you use and beat well. Pop it into the microwave for 45 seconds, stir and microwave for another 45 seconds then ta-dah!
- Egg fried rice - for those who demand more from their mug and microwave, challenge yourself at making this recipe (successfully). Watch the tutorial on Youtube and once mastered should only take you 10 minutes to make.
- Quiche - More eggs, we love them. This recipe is a lot easier than you may predict. Simply rip up small pieces of bread (preferably a bagel if you have one) and stuff down the bottom of the mug. Whisk up one egg in a separate mug, then add 1/4 cup of chopped cooked-ham and 1/4 cup of grated cheese. Whisk again then pour on top of the ham. Microwave for one minute.
- Chocolate cake - What would this list be without a dessert option? And if you are going to try any, why not start with the 'Classic Chocolate Mug Cake'. This recipe should take you no more than 5 minutes from start to serving. If you feel like getting even more adventurous check out these.
Have fun cooking!
- Read Next
- Halloween party | The Costume Store Celebrate Black History Month through food Lino printing | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | The Costume Store Murder mystery night | Gardens House Student Spotlight | Nadia Adni How to de-stress and relax workshop Afro fusion dance class What's on October Sip and paint at Skylight Peckham
- How to get a National Insurance Number in the UK The ultimate guide to your new home The Handy Halls Checklist 2023 YOUR WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO - 2018 How to apply for discounted student travel Get in contact with your hall 8 things different about life in the UK vs China Opening a student bank account in the UK Student tours of UAL halls Make sure to register at your GP